Thread: at what age?

at what age?

Hello Girls & Boys.... I hope you and your's all well and good.
    Just a quick question that you may be able to help me with.
    I'm cuurently receiving P.I.P. and thanks to your help, I'm still getting E.S.A. too. (special cheers to Nukecad on this one)
    Like most of us during lockdown, my brain has been doing some wondering about things.
    The main question it keeps coming up with is: At what age will I stop recieving P.I.P.? (at present, I get both the daily care, and the mobility components)
    I'm currently 58 years old, and I'm in the age group that will not recieve state pension until I'm 67 years old.
    I've had a forecast from H.M.R.C. that my pension will be £159.55 per week, so naturally I'm curious as to when the P.I.P. will cease to be paid to me.

Gary

If your conditions remain unchanged, then as long as any reassessment results in a new award it won't stop. After state pension age it is only reviewed every 10 years with a "light touch" review.

PIP payment applications stop at the time you reach the State Pension age, which is currently 65-years-old. However, if you start receiving PIP payments before State Pension age, the payments will continue indefinitely.

Thanks for the prompt reply there guys.
    I made my P.I.P. claim in February 2014, and was assessed and awarded what I receive, around 6 to 8 months later.
    My conditions are caused by a brain injury back in 2009, and they haven't improved since making the claim in 2014 when I found out D.L.A. was being replaced by P.I.P.
    Both my G.P. and Neuro consultant doubt they ever will, so I guess I'll still be recieving P.I.P. for some time yet.
    Thanks again guys, much appreciated... Gary