Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDA = Equality..... Or does it???

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar

Exclamation DDA = Equality..... Or does it???

My husband and I are both disabled, and have been reading posts here for several months, now we agree with the fight against the cuts etc as we didn't want any changes to the benefit system in the first place, we are all paying for a war that none of us agreed with in the middle east and paying for the bankers screw ups, where no-one got sacked, some just retired with a nice fat bonus.

However, disabled people have been fighting for equality for decades, and since the paralympics 2012 the government have blown the abilities of disabled people out of ALL proportion, which is exactly what I said on here back in September 2012, and I got laughed at by other readers who didn't believe that the government would dare do that.

Now disabled people, by losing various benefits and support, are thereby being treated as normal and equal to those not disabled. Disabled people wanted to be fully accepted by society, but disabled people also need to keep their support whether financial or practical to enable participation in society. The government have took equality to a whole new level, and disabled people have now decided that they don't want equality.......the grass is never greener on the other side of the fence.....

My husband and I would rather keep our support, than have the equality that our government are dishing out.....

My husband attended a special needs school in the 70's and was subjected to tirades of verbal abuse from both other children and adults. When the Disability Discrimination Act came into force he was quite happy with that, that the name calling and abuse would mostly stop. However, other disabled people kept pushing for more and more equality.

Now the government have quite openly called ALL benefit claimants scroungers and workshy, they have never took people on disability benefits out of that equation. Therefore, they are calling disabled people names again, aren't they???

Doesn't this go against the Disability Discrimination Act??? Just because it's parliament that have called us ALL scroungers everyone seems to think that that is ok and the media have been given a green light to say whatever they want about disabled people because if the government can say it, then anybody can say anything they like about disabled people who are unable to work. It's discrimination from the very top of our society. Why haven't any of these charities that supposedly support disabled people, picked up on this???
    Last edited by ***Force_Majeure_007***; 16-01-13 at 01:08.

Whatever I say is going to be taken the wrong way, so I've deleted my comments.

I fully support what you have said.
    Last edited by Paul; 16-01-13 at 18:56.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Just how on earth does David Cameron think that we are 'All in this together' when on the 12/12/12 he said during PMQ's that "We are making more money for the rich" and refused to implement the mansion tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The DDA was replaced by the Equality Act 2010.

The term descrimination is described as

If the government and media are calling all those on benefits 'scroungers and workshy' then it unfortunately isn't disciminatory, as the 'great man' keeps saying, we are all in this together.

If they singled out people with disabilities then that would be another matter.
    Hhmmm,
    Not sure I'd agree with that. It is a debatable point because of the Laws on inflammatory comments.
    With the dramatic rise of 40% in Disabled hate crime I am personally in no doubt that this due to the comments and actions of the Goverment and media. IMHO

Whatever I say is going to be taken the wrong way, so I've deleted my comments.
    Last edited by Paul; 16-01-13 at 18:57.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Well said.As I also have said on this forum.It's not a kindness to tell someone who is disabled that we don't see your disability only your amazing superhuman abilities.Bullshit!The most common form of disability discrimination is denial of disability.This would now seem to be government policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Disability Hate Crime is different, but reporting of people on benefits as a group of workshy scroungers isn't - if they had implicitly said "people who claim disability benefits are workshy scroungers" then you would have a point.
    Are you saying that the Governments comments on people claiming sickness benefit and the changes they have made to the system have had no connection to the rise in hate crime?
    The BNP are very clever with their wording but we all know what they are saying in reality.

Wobble,

I couldn't have put it better myself!

FM

well done for writing what disabled people have been thinking, surely there is someone or something we can go or do about our DLA

As I said in my original post "It's discrimination from the very top of our society. Why haven't any of these charities that supposedly support disabled people, picked up on this???"