Thread: Blue badge - no questions asked

Blue badge - no questions asked

I was thinking about putting in for a blue badge for my husband, as he can't walk without severe pain, I thought I might have filled in the form too early, as we don't actually have any paperwork to prove he can't walk without pain, apart from me writting to his GP about his walking difficulties and pain, plus he receives medication for the pain, (not that it does much). We have sent off for DLA and are awaiting to hear. I assumed that the blue badge people in Hampshire would send someone out to assess my husband, but they did not, they just sent out the blue badge.

I just assumed that a blue badge would be another big fight, and feel that we are actually believed for a change - its a strange feeling to have.

Indeed. But sometimes, just sometimes, things go right for a change. My guess would be they emailed your GP. Well done, am pleased for you, my badge is indispensable!

I just have to get the stubbon so-on-so to accept that he needs it.

I got my Blue Badge before being accepted for DLA. They took my evidence from my Pain Consultant and that's all.
    I suppose it just depends on what is wrong with you and if you have medical backing - a GP/Consultant.

With some people it's just obvious that they qualify.

I would suggest leaving the Blue Badge in the car and let your husband use it when he feels ready - it does take time to build the confidence and acceptance to use it.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I had to attend a walking assessment as I applied for my blue badge before I got DLA. The lady who carried out the assessment could not believe I had twice been turned down for DLA. Two months later I got high rate mobility low rate care.