Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to forum and motability - after some advice

Quote Originally Posted by ironica View Post
    A well worded advert on auto trader would do the trick. We buy any car -avoid at all costs!
    I had not thought of auto trader - thanks for that will give it a go!

What about Ad Mag, Gumtree, Preloved and Friday Ad if you have one in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    What about Ad Mag, Gumtree, Preloved and Friday Ad if you have one in your area.
    Thanks Beau I will look into those as well.

I have put an ad in Auto trader, easy to do and I like the fact that your telephone number can be hidden with a telesafe number. I went for a lowish price as would like to sell quickly and to someone who appreciates it - its a great car and we will miss it!

Fingers crossed and thanks for the input.

Ad Mag has a telesafe system but I don't know about the others. I think ads are free in some as well.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks - had a phone call this morning and have a nice sounding couple coming to see the car this afternoon.

Just found it on Autotrader, nice colour and very nice interior. Hope you get a good price for it.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks Paul and many thanks ironica. The couple who came loved it and offered full amount. They left a £200 cash deposit and will arrange to collect and pay balance later this week. Really pleased although will be sorry to see her go. Now need to cancel the ad as had some more calls this afternoon.

Well, almost a year into ownership of my S-Max Titanium, and its been a dream, no problems with it whatsoever.
    Fantastic car, and the heated screen is superb in this cold weather.
    Powershift gearbox is a dream and the car has an amazing turn of speed when required. fantastic motorway cruiser.

Ford may not have been able to get you a test drive in one however, as there is a problem.
    On 26th Dec Ford announced they were going to close the Belgium plant where the Galaxy, Mondeo and S-Max are built.
    Since that date, no cars have been built

Ford have come to an agreement with the unions to restart production with workforce getting a bonus, but now the unions in the suppliers have demanded the same!
    So still, no cars being built.

Don't feel sorry for the workers however, the minimum payoff per assembly line worker will be around £150,000 each!

Out of interest mate how's the economy now you've run it a few thousand miles?

I did an 'eco' run to and from London this week. On the way down I used the cruise control to maintain 60mph and averaged 39.7mpg (calculated) but on the way back home on Thursday I used foot control only and got a massive 56.7mpg! It was very tiring though, took 1hr longer and my back was killing after the drive.

Still I saved £20 in fuel in just 240 miles!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs