Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any one RE: Esa rates

Any one RE: Esa rates

Does anyone know what rate my Esa will be paid at (income related) i am single one child ...ihave tried to find out on line but get different rates ?

I still can't work it out i know it says £71 but then i don't know what the other add on should be

Fizzypink - same here I can't make sense of it. For one thing I was under the impression they were doing away with the severe disability allowance and yet it's showing up in several sections of the paper. I would need someone to tick box it for me
    Sea Queen

I have no idea about children so, if you'll forgive me, I'll just pretend you don't have one.
    Single ESA (Over 25) basic (assessment) rate is £71pw.
    You will (eventually) be put into one of two groups:
    WRAG gives you an extra £28.15pw on top or Support Group gives an extra £34.05 on top.
    If you get DLA MRC or above, live alone etc then you qualify for the Severe Disability Premium of £58.20 paid on top of other ESA,
    I believe (not 100%) if you are in the Support Group you would be eligible for the Enhanced Disability Premium of £14.80pw on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzypink View Post
    Does anyone know what rate my Esa will be paid at (income related) i am single one child ...ihave tried to find out on line but get different rates ?
    Hi Why not phone up and ask them, last week I got a letter from DWP telling me what I'll get maybe you will get one soon

Hi Rae to maybe help things i was on Income support then moved to the basic rate of esa because i was told fit for work (june 12) i since appealed and won last week and have been moved to the income related group i can't work out what i may be going to get i have been told 99 then 105 or it could stay at 71

Yes it's all very confusing. The basis rate is £71 but you may be eligible for other benefits if you fall below the minimum income set by the Govt.
    With a child you will of course get CTC and possibly IS also.
    There are no disability premiums unless you are in SG or getting DLA at MR or HRC component.
    I have been trying to find what the "minimum income" is but it can't be found anywhere, strangely, so i can't say what your final payment will come to.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi Why not phone up and ask them, last week I got a letter from DWP telling me what I'll get maybe you will get one soon
    Yes Richard i need to call anyhow as i am not sure if i still need to send sick lines in thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    Fizzypink - same here I can't make sense of it. For one thing I was under the impression they were doing away with the severe disability allowance and yet it's showing up in several sections of the paper. I would need someone to tick box it for me
    Yes when i checked the sda was coming up as well i am glad it is not just me because i was feeling kinda daft lol