Thread: Rheumatoid Arthritis and ESA50 help, please.

Rheumatoid Arthritis and ESA50 help, please.

Hi, I am after your help again! Have a friend who has suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 20 years and has just received ESA50 in post.

I have tried searching online for RA groups that may assist and have examples of ESA50 and it's completion but have failed to locate any.

Do any readers know of any sites that assist RA sufferers in the dreaded completion of this form? I am sure she would be most grateful as it is her first as still on Incapacity Benefit at moment.

As always, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    Hi, I am after your help again! Have a friend who has suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 20 years and has just received ESA50 in post.

I have tried searching online for RA groups that may assist and have examples of ESA50 and it's completion but have failed to locate any.

Do any readers know of any sites that assist RA sufferers in the dreaded completion of this form? I am sure she would be most grateful as it is her first as still on Incapacity Benefit at moment.

As always, many thanks.
    I'm suprised you haven't found any sites for RA, or is it they don't offer the specific help you want with the form.
    Anyway, is there a need? There are many other places that could help with the form as it is about explaining how your illness affects your ability to work not the illness name itself.
    I used a site that had similar symptoms to mine to get the general tone of how to fill in the form.

TY, and yes I had a look that website, indespair. It would be helpful if there was a site with example esa50 and potential answers which may be relative to most RA sufferers.

Unless I have missed this on that website!

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    TY, and yes I had a look that website, indespair. It would be helpful if there was a site with example esa50 and potential answers which may be relative to most RA sufferers.

Unless I have missed this on that website!
    the problem you have is everyone is different mri 2 people with the same damage and both will have differnt problems ...... also if people started copying esa50 they would soon spot them

look at each question and try out the question start with number 1 measure how far he can walk and how long it takes

try and get out a chair can he ? and on and on

can he pick up a coin

some with RA will be easy can he see to find his way around out side and cross the road

photo copy his prescriptions get copies of reports from drs he sees at hospital send them along if they look to support the case
    and on and on good luck

I also have RA there is loads of facebook groups and forums

Not current ESA descriptors

I think he OP is long gone guys

I have said this before but will say it again . Fill the form in ,in great detail telling them everything regarding what impact the condition has on you .Give them a life history from day 1 to the present . Being a sufferer of the combination of both OA and RA my RA part can vary some days i cant move or even get out of bed yet some days i feel ok ish but within a short while its all back as the OA never changes on gets worse as time goes on .I have avoided having to use wheels so far but i kno0w the day is coming when i will have to use them . All i am doing is holding off the inevitable but for now enough pain killers to knock out an elephant and my crutches or sticks get me to the car a back