Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dispatches: Britain on benefits......Tonight Channel 4 8pm-8:30pm

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    Whom would that hurt the government, it would hurt those people who have worked hard to get into the games.

What these people now have to work towards is getting the same payments as non disabled.

Disabled athlete will get £6,000 a year to pay for his expenses, Non disabled athlete will get £130,000 .

The battle is now to be treated the same.

But sadly the PIP's rules are in you can manually move your own chair 20 mtrs then you shall be deemed mobile.

We wanted to be treated the same with equality now we have it
    If the disabled athletes threaten to walk out of the commonwealth games due to benefit cuts, the government may then offer them more than £6,000 a year to cover their expenses, thus buying them off.....However, one day they will get older and will eventually be unable to compete, and what then, there will be nothing for them......What will they be saying then???? Lessons have been learnt; we are being persecuted??? But they'll be learnt by the normal non-athletic disabled first, we are already being persecuted by our government and the disabled athletes are supporting them to do so by not taking action now!!!!!

If they do not take action by 2014 commonwealth games then it will be too little, too late!!!!!!

What do you think???

FM

It is not just about ATOS being a sponsor (although that really is a knife in the back) even if ATOS's sponsorship is taken out of the equation, it is the amazing achievements and incredible effort made by our 'superhuman' disabled athletes which is then blown out of proportion by the media who expect that all disabled people can achieve these levels so therefore must be scroungers and cheats, and Joe-public believes them!!!!

As I asked earlier:- "Did ATOS sponsor the paralympics on purpose as a political move to ensure that they also got the government contract to do the medical assessments for PIP? There are many huge global and British companies that could have been approached to sponsor this international event. ATOS purposefully pitted disabled people against disabled people, they exploited the paralympians to showcase to the media what (some) disabled people are capable of and then our government let the media run with it.

Even media personnel and their families are not immune to disabilities, what if they or their children are born or become disabled, and then they get called scroungers and benefit cheats, but just like the Paralympians who had no way of foreseeing how their achievements would be twisted and used against the non-paralympian disabled people, the media also have no way of foreseeing what the future holds for them, except by what they choose to write next, as most of the population believe what is written in the news and the media are well aware of how they influence public opinion."

FM

Well said Jaicee58

FM

We wanted to be treated the same with equality now we have it
    Equality is about treating people differently if necessary, to take account of people’s different needs. This is not the same as treating everyone the same.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I watched this and sat thinking ----

'all these people have achieved great things inspite of their disability - but my daughter is far far more affected by her disability than they are - I hope people don't jump to the conclusion that all disabled people can do this'
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    I watched this and sat thinking ----

'all these people have achieved great things inspite of their disability - but my daughter is far far more affected by her disability than they are - I hope people don't jump to the conclusion that all disabled people can do this'
    People who have no concept of disability ( the majority of joe public) do jump to that conclusion.
    The one thing Baroness blah blah said was exactly that, there is a general opinion that disabled are either heroes or work shy scroungers, nothing in between.

Account removed
    [QUOTE=Paul;28878]Equality is about treating people differently if necessary, to take account of people’s different needs. This is not the same as treating everyone the same.[/QUOTE

Well sadly they are not looking at the disability anymore, they are looking at what we can do, and sadly they see us mainly as people who can work, and to be honest I cannot say I did not expect it.

Para games if you can play Rugby get knocked over in your chair play basket ball for an hour, then you can sadly work, doing what does not matter as a politician said Mr Miliband , he could do something.

we now have equality

Account removed
    Saints and Scroungers this morning brilliant show I threw my cup at the TV again. three New TV in two years I have to stop and throw them at the wife.

Thank you to everyone who viewed this post and especially to those who replied/commented on this thread.

In total, between the two forums that I use and my own blog http://forcemajeure007.wordpress.com/ this thread was actually viewed some 1,854 times, which is awesome......

Thanx again

FM