Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dispatches: Britain on benefits......Tonight Channel 4 8pm-8:30pm

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar

Exclamation Dispatches: Britain on benefits......Tonight Channel 4 8pm-8:30pm

From sky.com: Channel 4 Dispatches: The Disability Living Allowance helps three million people with disabilities to work. Ade Adepitan examines government plans to reduce the number of claimants.

Sky channel 104 & 135 Channel 4+1 at 9pm-9:30pm

From radiotimes.com:ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME

The Government is planning to stop giving Disability Living Allowance to more than half a million current claimants across the nation. Wheelchair basketball ace Ade Adepitan investigates what this will mean for those who will no longer receive it, and hears the opinions of disabled army veterans, workers and fellow Paralympians.

FM X

Account removed
    I suspect it will be a lot more then half a million people, the problem is a lot of people will bet the lower benefits as it does seem the government are making cuts to this benefits so maybe 500,000 will lose out , but I bet a million will get lower benefits. We know they are not happy about having new cars, so if you reduce the cars then Motability will close.

It's been coming for a while now.

I suspect the army will be protected to a degree but if not then I suspect the Tories and Labour may well protect them.

It's will be interesting to watch tonight. I get DLA on Lower Rate for Care and Mobility component for indefinite, I also fear that I will lose out on PIP.

Yes I am looking forward to seeing what they have to stay as have just had DLA & Mobility cut completly.

Account removed
    I doubt it will be much and we will see people argue that some people should not get it, while other should it is always the same.

Indefinite is not a recognised word anymore,they should stop using it!lol

Quote Originally Posted by ***Force_Majeure_007*** View Post
    Wheelchair basketball ace Ade Adepitan investigates what this will mean for those who will no longer receive it, and hears the opinions of disabled army veterans, workers and fellow Paralympians.
    Sounds like a subjective view on a specific groups.
    Hopefully it will include everyone.

its the same in the Sun today they cant hit the disabled enough, yet wont blame the Tories and Lib Dems for the state the country is in. Read in a Sunday newspaper about a mother who had 11 children on benefits and her daughter had a horse but what the Sun didint tell people the daughter who had the horse was working. The Sun same ofl Tory backed newspaper

Who on earth was that blonde woman who just said that approximately 50% of people on DLA don't have corroborating medical evidence???

She then said "We've got to put this right!" I think she should check that 'fact' and get her information 'Right'

Even David Cameron would have needed medical evidence for his (Now Deceased) son's DLA!

And where is the argument for people with learning disabilities? so far this program has only dealt with physical disabilities!

FM

Aha ok, it was Esther McVey!

FM