Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dispatches: Britain on benefits......Tonight Channel 4 8pm-8:30pm

on watching this last night, when interviewing the paralympian for horseriding ( the one with CP) they stated not being able to walk 200m, i thought it was 20m not 200m? if anyone watched it did you think differently or hear anything different?

£390 million worth of contract to ATOS?

Is this every year ?

think we all have our own view of what the wording means, my take on it seems to be that less than 20m gives you the points you need straight off but you can make up the points you need on other questions and i think 1 of those and what they were referring to on program is if you can walk 200m safely in a certain time frame and then repeat it within a certain time frame again, the people on there made the point that they could do it but it would be unsafe as that distance would take them a long time they'd become tired doing it which then leads to trips and falls and by the end would be too shattered to repeat it again. So if the people going through the form sees that they've ticked the 200m box but doesn't take into account the things they stated as well then they would lose the benefit, like i say thats just how i saw what was being said and how i viewed what i've read

Quote Originally Posted by ***Force_Majeure_007*** View Post
    With respect to the article that I linked above and here:-

http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2013/0...alympic-games/

Maybe if a large portion, if not all of England's Paralympian superstars had chosen to walk out of the games on day one of the paralympics;
    Just England's paralympians... or all of those from the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Force_Majeure_007*** View Post
    With respect to the article that I linked above and here:-

http://atosvictimsgroup.co.uk/2013/0...alympic-games/

Maybe if a large portion, if not all of England's Paralympian superstars had chosen to walk out of the games on day one of the paralympics; (especially as it was sponsored by ATOS) it would have been a great platform, a worldwide platform, to express all disabled people's grievances about the cuts to benefits. I think that they would have got a lot more respect for that, than by winning any medals for our country.

Did ATOS sponsor the paralympics on purpose as a political move to ensure that they also got the government contract to do the medical assessments for PIP? There are many huge global and British companies that could have been approached to sponsor this international event. ATOS purposefully pitted disabled people against disabled people, they exploited the paralympians to showcase to the media what (some) disabled people are capable of and then our government let the media run with it.

Even media personnel and their families are not immune to disabilities, what if they or their children are born or become disabled, and then they get called scroungers and benefit cheats, but just like the Paralympians who had no way of foreseeing how their achievements would be twisted and used against the non-paralympian disabled people, the media also have no way of foreseeing what the future holds for them, except by what they choose to write next, as most of the population believe what is written in the news and the media are well aware of how they influence public opinion.

FM

P.S.
    I know this is a big ask, but maybe, just maybe, if some, if not all paralympians give back their medals in front of a media spotlight, people might wake up and see how the paralympians were manipulated by ATOS to gain public support for disability benefit cuts? Or is it too late now to show their support?
    Good piece FM

Not on the same scale as the Olympics regards coverage but they could walk out or refuse to take part in the Commonwealth games in Scotland in 2014 where again ATOS are one of the sponsor

Must agree I noticed they said 200m wonder how long ago it was done?

I miised the programme as I was stuck in traffic. I want to see the programme. I will try and watch the programme on internet. If I watch programme I will post comment. I cannot post comment yet as I have not seen programme. I dont think I should comment on other comments until I have seen programme. I will post once I have seen programme. If I watch programme and have nothing to say I will post a comment saying that. If I do not get to see programme I will post comment to say so. I will also see if if programme is on 47. If I watch programme I will say if seen on internet or 47. I hope programme will be worth watching.

Account removed
    It was good solid program of evidence, yes and my dog will be prime minister.

Account removed
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Good piece FM

Not on the same scale as the Olympics regards coverage but they could walk out or refuse to take part in the Commonwealth games in Scotland in 2014 where again ATOS are one of the sponsor

Whom would that hurt the government, it would hurt those people who have worked hard to get into the games.

What these people now have to work towards is getting the same payments as non disabled.

Disabled athlete will get £6,000 a year to pay for his expenses, Non disabled athlete will get £130,000 .

The battle is now to be treated the same.

But sadly the PIP's rules are in you can manually move your own chair 20 mtrs then you shall be deemed mobile.

We wanted to be treated the same with equality now we have it

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    i miised the programme as i was stuck in traffic. I want to see the programme. I will try and watch the programme on internet. If i watch programme i will post comment. I cannot post comment yet as i have not seen programme. I dont think i should comment on other comments until i have seen programme. I will post once i have seen programme. If i watch programme and have nothing to say i will post a comment saying that. If i do not get to see programme i will post comment to say so. I will also see if if programme is on 47. If i watch programme i will say if seen on internet or 47. I hope programme will be worth watching.
    lol

fm