Thread: Changing from ESA(C) to ESA(IB).... or trying to...

Changing from ESA(C) to ESA(IB).... or trying to...

Hi.

My ESA (C) runs out on the 26th March 2013.

I got my ESA3 (which I had to call and ask for) and filled it out and sent it back, two weeks ago I called to check they got it, she said she couldn't see it on the system and would get someone to call me back... the girl that sent the form out called me back and said they had received the form and it would be processed and going by what I had said I would qualify for ESA (IB) from 27th March 2013.
    I called again this morning to check again because I haven't had any letter to tell me of a change of benefit etc which I would have expected, the girl on the phone said she couldn't see the form on the system and said I should call a day before my ESA (C) runs out.

Is this correct and should I be concerned? Should I have got a letter by now?
    Not sure what to do and don't want to keep phoning and annoying them if it is being processed, but at the same time I don't want my claim to end which is what I think would happen although not sure.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by justinarmstrong View Post
    Hi.

My ESA (C) runs out on the 26th March 2013.

I got my ESA3 (which I had to call and ask for) and filled it out and sent it back, two weeks ago I called to check they got it, she said she couldn't see it on the system and would get someone to call me back... the girl that sent the form out called me back and said they had received the form and it would be processed and going by what I had said I would qualify for ESA (IB) from 27th March 2013.
    I called again this morning to check again because I haven't had any letter to tell me of a change of benefit etc which I would have expected, the girl on the phone said she couldn't see the form on the system and said I should call a day before my ESA (C) runs out.

Is this correct and should I be concerned? Should I have got a letter by now?
    Not sure what to do and don't want to keep phoning and annoying them if it is being processed, but at the same time I don't want my claim to end which is what I think would happen although not sure.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
    you should have got it without asking 6 weeks before claim runs out, and it should be on the system by now to make sure you get paid on time I would call back and ask to speak to a manager.

Thanks, everytime I call im told to wait until the day before but I came home today to find a brown envelope....

I'm a bit confused about the contents of it...

Page 1 can be viewed at http://imgh.us/Page_1_4.jpg
    Page 2 can be viewed at http://imgh.us/Page_2_2.jpg
    Page 3 can be viewed at http://imgh.us/Page_3_3.jpg

I have removed all personal information. Hope someone can explain it a bit better because its confusing.

Thanks.

It's telling you that you will switch from Contribution Based ESA to Income Based ESA from 27th March and from 9th April tells you how much income based ESA you get. All benefit rates go up in April.