Thread: contribution based and income based, whats the difference

contribution based and income based, whats the difference

Hi
    I am new to the forum
    I was put on the WRAG group last week, my letter says because i am on contribution based and my ESA will stop after 365 days. i phoned them up to ask what the difference was between the 2 and why i was on contribution based, i was told i was on both, so now im even more confused. Will i have to apply for ESA all over again and go back on the assessment rate for 13 weeks and then have to have another medical assessment. i have also got a letter summoning me to the job centre next monday. i am going to appeal this decision and ask to be put in the SG.

Quote Originally Posted by lynda666 View Post
    Hi
    I am new to the forum
    I was put on the WRAG group last week, my letter says because i am on contribution based and my ESA will stop after 365 days. i phoned them up to ask what the difference was between the 2 and why i was on contribution based, i was told i was on both, so now im even more confused. Will i have to apply for ESA all over again and go back on the assessment rate for 13 weeks and then have to have another medical assessment. i have also got a letter summoning me to the job centre next monday. i am going to appeal this decision and ask to be put in the SG.
    CB ESA lasts for 365 days after which you would have to apply for IR ESA, you are getting both as you must have dependants or extra needs. Your appointment is a WFI ( work focused interview), you must attend, but if you tell them you are appealling they will probably not hassle you too much.
    If you are appealling then you will probably get a decision, either from DWP or a Tribunal, before your 365 days are up.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by lynda666 View Post
    Hi
    I am new to the forum
    after 365 days esa cb will stop unless in support group you cant re apply you might get esa income related depending on other income or if you have partner and there income and hrs worked, you need to go to interview tell them your going to appeal

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    after 365 days esa cb will stop unless in support group you cant re apply you might get esa income related depending on other income or if you have partner and there income and hrs worked, you need to go to interview tell them your going to appeal
    Hello DW, meandering old posts?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Hello DW, meandering old posts?
    not sure what you mean ? this was showing top of list