Thread: So confused with benefit rates!

So confused with benefit rates!

Hi, new to this forum.

Me and my other half have to joint claim ESA (due to living together)

She claims CA for me. I am in the support group.

Can anyone tell me what money we should be getting? Because we think we are getting the wrong amount but I could do with a second opinion before I tackle the DWP.

Any advice will be great

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipmin View Post
    Hi, new to this forum.

Me and my other half have to joint claim ESA (due to living together)

She claims CA for me. I am in the support group.

Can anyone tell me what money we should be getting? Because we think we are getting the wrong amount but I could do with a second opinion before I tackle the DWP.

Any advice will be great
    get in contact with CAB ASK THEM TAKE all your paperwork with you, what makes you think its wrong?

dunno if this is much help Bipmin but my dad is getting CA for my mum who is only on DLA, not ESA and he gets £150 (this is not including her DLA)

so perhaps around that much, maybe more depending on the severity of your condition and whether your other half has any problems too (both parents have angina).

You could try using the free EntitledTo calculator http://www.entitledto.co.uk/
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi Bipmin. Your applicable amount is:

111.45 + 34.05 + 21.30 + 32.60 = 199.40 per week, excluding any help with mortgaged interest to which you may be entitled.

Deduct any income you have including any notional income from capital over £6,000 and any deductions for social fund loans, water rates, council tax arrears etc. and you have the amount you should be paid.