Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing Sleep

Thumbs down Losing Sleep

4 and a half hours...
    That's how much sleep I'm getting.
    I'm trying to avoid newspapers and well erm... The news in general.

Today's headline for me is that I can't sleep! Actually I. Haven't slept since sending back my E50 form.
    I feel like I am waiting for the results of a disability exam. There is no choice. I am severely disabled with multiple impairments... I even call myself a 'super crip'.
    I did a self test and awarded myself 300 points but I have a feeling ATOS might not see it that way!

But alas, enough about me.. How about you?
    Has ATOS shaken your hand and wished you Congratulations or kicked you up the behind and awarded you minus points?

Am I the only one who can't sleep? Can you offer advice for a decent nights kip?

got the same problem myself, worrying to death through the day then getting very little sleep, went through this whole saga last year and am getting cheesed with the way we are all been treated while the rest are living it up at our expense.

i can only feel for what you and others are going through blue-badger.

I wonder how many more of us are losing sleep over these changes? I too have done the "self tests" I've found. In my case for PIP and according my results have nothing to worry about. So why do I go to sleep worrying and wake up worrying.? Mainly because the government and tory media are in full anti benefit propaganda mode. It's relentless

I understand how you feel. I am averaging the same amount of sleep too. My Atos assessment is tomorrow. Both my Personal Advisor at JC+ and my GP say I should be in SG and urge me to claim for a higher care allowance DLA - remains to be seen whether Atos see it that way. I am already bankrupt due to not being able to work. If I lose what meagre sum I am paid now - I just don't know where I will turn, will probably lose my home, therefore lose my independence altogether. I can't offer advice for a good ngiht's sleep cos I have tried everything. Hope you have a good day, and try to rest during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    got the same problem myself, worrying to death through the day then getting very little sleep, went through this whole saga last year and am getting cheesed with the way we are all been treated while the rest are living it up at our expense.

i can only feel for what you and others are going through blue-badger.
    Thank you so much it is good to know I'm not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty_Tat View Post
    I wonder how many more of us are losing sleep over these changes? I too have done the "self tests" I've found. In my case for PIP and according my results have nothing to worry about. So why do I go to sleep worrying and wake up worrying.? Mainly because the government and tory media are in full anti benefit propaganda mode. It's relentless
    Thanks so much. Cute pic by the way! The media is definitely a big problem and is making a mockery of those in genuine need. Titles such as 'sick not culture, Britain on benefits etc are very damaging and have a terrible effect on vaunerable people. I'm trying not to listen to the news as I get so upset. I really appreciate your understanding. BB x

Susieboots always good to hear from you!
    What a support you have been lately. Money worries are the last thing we should be thinking about. I'm losing weight with shear worry. I feel sick everytime I hear the postie. I'm scared to find out un-yet I am desperate to know what is happening.
    No wonder I can't sleep. I hope you have a good day also.
    Time for a cuppa! I'm out of biscuits.. again!
    BB x

i am hitting the chocolate here, well if anyone sees 2 20 stone plus people at an interrogation center than you will know it is us

same here blue, each time i dread the plop of the post or dread the phone ringing, should never be like this but so many are put in these terrible situations.

susie hope all goes well, don't let them run circles round you and watch out for those trick questions they like to use. if you get a bad one make sure to file a complaint immediately,

hugs

Mikey great to hear back.. Have you still got some chocolate? May I be cheeky and have a square? I'm just putting the kettle on if you want a cuppa! I was thinking about super gluing my letterbox closed, then I will get no bills and no scary dwp or ATOS letters.
    I believe that you are correct about the 20 stone weight, I suspect its the minimum weight permitted to work for ATOS!
    Nice one Mikey! It's great to be cheered up! Have a great day and chat soon!
    BB

if you really want a good giggle then the other week i got a letter and no not brown, and in it was one of those sticky things to stop unwanted post. it did cross my mind to alter it saying 'no brown, dwp or atos letters'

last year after i thought my troubles had finished out of the blue i got a brown letter, sat there worrying myself to death thinking the worst and when i peeled it back it turned out to be an insurance document talk about shaking for hours, so even those are now trying to confuse us all.