Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invitation to compliance officer interview, Why & will they allow me home interview?

Invitation to compliance officer interview, Why & will they allow me home interview?

I have received a letter from Jobcentre plus inviting me to attend an office interview with a compliance officer and to take with me ID and bank statements etc.

It doesnt say why but I am an absolute wreck because among other physical and mental health issues I suffer from Agoraphobia and just cannot face the interview in the office. I even requested a home medical when I filled in my esa application form last year but in the end they granted me the support group without a medical.

Will they allow me a home interview and how should I go about asking for this?

I dont know why they are requesting to see me, its exactly a year ago that I filled in my esa migration form and I was expecting a renewal form anytime now but they havent sent me one or maybe they will send a renewal form as well. I was never informed of how long the esa had been granted for and for some reason I think they seem to have me down as contribution esa but I havent worked in years.

Only thing I have is an isa but its under 6k and I recently applied for some £1 per month savings accounts in order to have enough monthly direct debits to keep my Halifax Reward account going, could this have triggered an interview off?

Will it be Atos and are they likely to give me a home interview with the customer compliance officer? I don't mind the interview but I just cant go there and need it at home.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_W View Post
    I have received a letter from Jobcentre plus inviting me to attend an office interview with a compliance officer and to take with me ID and bank statements etc.

It doesnt say why but I am an absolute wreck because among other physical and mental health issues I suffer from Agoraphobia and just cannot face the interview in the office. I even requested a home medical when I filled in my esa application form last year but in the end they granted me the support group without a medical.

I dont know why they are requesting to see me, its exactly a year ago that I filled in my esa migration form and I was expecting a renewal form anytime now but they havent sent me one or maybe they will send a renewal form as well. I was never informed of how long the esa had been granted for and for some reason I think they seem to have me down as contribution esa but I havent worked in years.

Only thing I have is an isa but its under 6k and I recently applied for some £1 per month savings accounts in order to have enough monthly direct debits to keep my Halifax Reward account going, could this have triggered an interview off?

Will it be Atos and are they likely to give me a home interview with the customer compliance officer? I don't mind the interview but I just cant go there and need it at home.
    I doubt they will allow it at home, its nothing to do with atos, it could be just random check they do them, or there could be a problem with your claim they need to talk with you about

Thumbs up

Hi Mrs W, I'm sure if you ring the number of the top of the letter and explain your agoraphobia I cant see why they cant visit your home, I've been on other sites and people have had home visits. I have agoraphobia and I was lucky enough to go straight from IB to ESA without a medical, you could try and explain the situation. if you cant get there then they will have to come to you or telephone you and conduct the interview over the phone, all this worry is no good for your health, good luck

Hi, Thanks,

It isnt an interview for ib to esa migration thst happened last year, I requested a home medical then on the form but they passed me to the support group without a medical. This is a different thing with jobcentreplus but I'm not sure if the interview is at the same place as the medical assessments.

I cannot attend the interview at the centre because of my agoraphobia and other health issues, I'm not sure what rights I have to a home interview or the best way to go about trying for one. Its very nerve racking having an interview but with having problems getting to it and attending makes it even more stressful and if I dont attend they say they could stop my claim
    Last edited by Mrs_W; 04-17-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Tread with caution here! Customer Compliance Officers work under the umberella of the Benefit Fraud Investigaton Team. BUT the CCO's only deal with minor cases. They DO however make home visits regularly. A friend of mine who was on Income Support had such a home visit, it was a malicious tip-off by a member of the public claiming that she failed to declare a partner living with her.

davewhit
    Hi, Thanks,

It isnt an interview for ib to esa migration thst happened last year, I requested a home medical then on the form but they passed me to the support group without a medical. This is a different thing with jobcentreplus but I'm not sure if the interview is at the same place as the medical assessments.

I cannot attend the interview at the centre because of my agoraphobia and other health issues, I'm not sure what rights I have to a home interview or the best way to go about trying for one. Its very nerve racking having an interview but with having problems getting to it and attending makes it even more stressful and if I dont attend they say they could stop my claim
    you might find you have more right to this being a home interview, than the medical

telephone and ask, if they say it can be done at home ask what you need ie sick note or letter

I'm really panicking now as thats one of my health issues anyway I just found this on the net and now I'm panicking even more, I dont know why as I know and everyone that knows me its obvious I am right to be on esa support group, they laugh at me when I panic about claiming or reclaiming but I know the way some people have lost benefits when they shouldnt and have read lots of worrying stories so I worry more than others.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...nce_officer_do

I re-read the letter and one section in it says

what you must do now
    it is essential that you attend this interview and provide the documents requested in this letter. this interview has been arranged because your circumstances may have changed and we need to ensure your payments are correct. when you claimed benefit you agreed to tell us immeadiately if the circumstances relating to our benefit entitlement changed.

Nothing has changed and in fact my health problems have got worse. I dont know if any person for whatever reason might have tried to shop me or anything but they would have no reason to but you never know some people do that kind of thing, I never go out and dont see anyone apart from carers and helpers

I'm really panicking now as thats one of my health issues anyway I just found this on the net and now I'm panicking even more, I dont know why as I know and everyone that knows me its obvious I am right to be on esa support group, they laugh at me when I panic about claiming or reclaiming but I know the way some people have lost benefits when they shouldnt and have read lots of worrying stories so I worry more than others.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...nce_officer_do

I re-read the letter and one section in it says

what you must do now
    it is essential that you attend this interview and provide the documents requested in this letter. this interview has been arranged because your circumstances may have changed and we need to ensure your payments are correct. when you claimed benefit you agreed to tell us immeadiately if the circumstances relating to our benefit entitlement changed.

Nothing has changed and in fact my health problems have got worse. I dont know if any person for whatever reason might have tried to shop me or anything but they would have no reason to but you never know some people do that kind of thing, I never go out and dont see anyone apart from carers and helpers
    If you've done nothing wrong then there's noting to worry about.
    They often do home visits so just ask.
    Stop reading scary stories.

I have just telephoned the number on the letter and the actual compliance officer that is supposed to be doing the interview answered. He actually sounded nice which calmed me slightly but that isnt always the case I suppose as I've known people sound or seem nice but then it turns out that they arent.

Anyway straight away he said yes to a home interview although there was slight surprise in his voice but he had no problems with it. He then said give me your telephone number and he would call me back he needed to check my claim and appointments diary. He rang me back saying there had been a mistake and he had just looked at my file and said absolutely dont come down and ignore the letter. He said he would go through my file and if he still thinks he needs to visit me he will write again with a home appointment. So I dont know if I will have to have an interview or not but at the moment I'm to ignore the letter.

Could it perhaps have gone to the wrong department seeing as I was expecting a renewal esa form anytime now? Its a year since they swapped me from ib to esa and they never told me how long but I have read that its usually not more than 1 year, I'm on DLA high rate for both componants too.
    Last edited by Mrs_W; 04-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.

I have just telephoned the number on the letter and the actual compliance officer that is supposed to be doing the interview answered. He actually sounded nice which calmed me slightly but that isnt always the case I suppose as I've known people sound or seem nice but then it turns out that they arent.

Anyway straight away he said yes to a home interview although there was slight surprise in his voice but he had no problems with it. He then said give me your telephone number and he would call me back he needed to check my claim and appointments diary. He rang me back saying there had been a mistake and he had just looked at my file and said absolutely dont come down and ignore the letter. He said he would go through my file and if he still thinks he needs to visit me he will write again with a home appointment. So I dont know if I will have to have an interview or not but at the moment I'm to ignore the letter.

Could it perhaps have gone to the wrong department seeing as I was expecting a renewal esa form anytime now? Its a year since they swapped me from ib to esa and they never told me how long but I have read that its usually not more than 1 year, I'm on DLA high rate for both componants too.
    There you go. That was painless.