Thread: In receipt of ESA - Considering drawing lump sum pension

In receipt of ESA - Considering drawing lump sum pension

I am in receipt of ESA, CTC, DLA and HB:-
    If I decide to draw a lump sum from my Company pension, will this affect any of my benefits?
    CONFUSED.COM

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzieq1963 View Post
    I am in receipt of ESA, CTC, DLA and HB:-
    If I decide to draw a lump sum from my Company pension, will this affect any of my benefits?
    CONFUSED.COM
    if esa is income related thats affected ................ CTC AND HB would be affected by how much depends on lump sum

also the moment you draw funds from your pension your in a catch 22 postion you cant just spend the money on say a car,because if they found out had money they expect you to spend it on living costs

so you get money buy car or holiday they stop benefits

get expert advice before doing anything

Thank you so much for your reply Dave. I have looked on Direct.gov site, but it didn't make a lot of sense.
    Think I'll leave it until I reach 60. Have worked all my working life and on these benefits through no fault of my own - health issues.

Remember that you won't get your State Pension at 60 suzieq. I'm guessing you are 50 now so your state pension age could be at least 66. That will mean being on other benefits until then (if things stay as they are.)