Thread: returning motability car before lease finishes

returning motability car before lease finishes

can you hand back the car before lease finishes or do you need to wait til the end

Yes you can. Taken from the Motability site:

Early cancellation

You have agreed to lease your Motability car for the full length of the agreement. We understand that sometimes things change and we will try to support you as much as possible.

Reasons for ending your agreement

If there is a valid reason for cancelling your agreement, for example, if your mobility needs have changed and the car is no longer suitable, please call our Customer Services team on 0845 456 4566.

If you do cancel, there may be an administration fee to cover our costs. Any Advance Payment you have paid may be refunded to you on a pro-rata basis, less any administration fee, where applicable. Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your needs.

If however, we cancel your agreement because you have failed to comply with the terms and conditions of your agreement, no refunds will be made to you, and you will be charged an administration fee.
    http://www.motability.co.uk/cars-and...agreement-cars

The admin fee is currently £250.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Handing back car before lease ends - YES -

Quote Originally Posted by trish44 View Post
    can you hand back the car before lease finishes or do you need to wait til the end
    Only last week I called Motability and explained my circumstances. Leased car costs me £220 per month and have had it for 1 year. I told them the truth that I was having financial difficulties and they told me I could end the lease WITHOUT paying £250 usually charged for ending a lease. I am just trying to sort out a suitable date for them to collect the vehicle.

thanks for the replies

You shouldn't have any problems Trish.

If you have any other queries whether to do with Motability or purchasing a car privately then let us know and 'usually' we can help.

Good luck.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I have MS and went down the road of an automatic, due to advice given. At the weekend I was driving about in hubbys car it is much bigger than mine, however one issue that i have discovered with my mobility is that i am best to keep both legs moving as i end up in pain if my leg is stationary for too long which can happen with an automatic, so was looking to maybe changing to a gear car.Also hubbys car was no problem to drive