Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would this be classed as discrimination from Lloyds Bank???

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    Babyblu Well said

Richard Nice result
    Expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    had you taken with you gas bills electric bills water bills to show you live where you claimed ?that would be needed by law these days as would letters showing the benefits you get ?

its hard for anyone to open an account on one visit these days comes under the The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 (have a read)

had you called before going for an appointment or just walked in ? with staff cuts these days staff dont sit around waiting to open accounts.
    We had been to Lloyds the day before and told the man in the suit that approached us that we were looking to open a current account and that we are disabled, we went back the following day 'yesterday' to get an appointment and we took all relevant paperwork, (just in case we could have an appointment there and then or later in the day, and were then told that they don't accept benefit recipients for current accounts as specified above in my original post......

FM

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    So still don't have a savings account.
    Why don't you start a cash ISA?

No you don't they ones we have let you save as much or as little as you want.

halifax promote a basic account where you can get benefits paid in, it states quite clearly this in the link below-

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccount...-bank-account/

suspect others will do the same just a case of searching and hope the link helps.

Have you tried HSBC? I decided to leave Lloyds TSB, and opened an account with HSBC with no problems at all, and my only income is ESA and Care DLA (I have motobility car). The Advisor who opened my account couldn't do enough for me and I even had a cup of tea !

iwould have let them call the police and i would have got the press involved and the disability right it is unacceptable the way disabled people are being treated

We have appointments on Tues with Natwest and Wed with HSBC.

But the point was, the way that we were treated and how they spoke to us at Lloyds. Then if we had stuck up for ourselves then wouldn't they have said that we were being trouble and that would prove them right not to give current accounts to benefit recipients. We can't win, and how long will it be before those who are disabled and do work, get treated like this in work, and there is no legal aid to take employers to court. This is how disabled were treated in the 70's and 80's, my husband attended a special needs school then and remembers being treated appaullingly by people calling names and being refused service in shops because he couldn't speak properly then, everything his mum fighted for is being taken away by the goverment and media influencing people and we are going backwards. Lloyds bank made us feel ashamed to be disabled. My husband felt as embarrassed as he did when he was a kid, and his mum would stick up for him, but he didn't understand it then, but now as an adult he does understand the way that people treat eachother. Instead of being called mongrel or spastic as my husband was called when he was at school, we now get called scum and scroungers.....I thought that we had moved on from that.....I went to a normal school and didn't have the same experience but I do feel it now and it's wrong....and where are social workers or charities sticking up for us on the news....

FM
    Last edited by ***Force_Majeure_007***; 05-05-13 at 00:34.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    Hi, which ones been to Halifax, Barclays, Santander, HSBC, Natwest, RBS, Nationwide, Post Office.
    Try the smaller B S's ours are with one.

Local credit union for savings, top banana.