Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would this be classed as discrimination from Lloyds Bank???

for me i have had absolute no quibbles with my bank and at times only too happy to help and they also know i am on disability what more can i say.

bit of humor, i have found this strange bank for anyone wanting to deposit millions, it is called 'the bank of mike'

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    for me i have had absolute no quibbles with my bank and at times only too happy to help and they also know i am on disability what more can i say.

bit of humor, i have found this strange bank for anyone wanting to deposit millions, it is called 'the bank of mike'
    What are your interest rates?
    Reminds me of that "Bank on Dave" fella.

Kodiak, the post office will change coins to notes no problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    Just looking up this Credit Union thingy - seems it's based in London (from the website) so looking into it now = ta Wobble1
    There are Credit unions all over the country, in most towns and cities.

Just looking up this Credit Union thingy - seems it's based in London (from the website) so looking into it now = ta Wobble1
    That will be their HQ, they have "branches" all over the country.
    oops echo

Last edited by beau; 05-05-13 at 10:54.

Thanks found it - MILES away but can phone and see what can be done, otherwise a taxi - about £30 return taxi fare. Ta
    They are certainly not on every street corner and not everyones cup of tea. They are non profit making and support local communities which has to be applauded in this day and age.
    It's a good idea to call them, try anything once and twice if you like it.

Ten years ago, I had very similar problems with opening a bank account. I had to go to three banks before finding one who would give me want I needed. So I don't think this is due to the latest goings on.

I don't think it's to do with discrimination as such - though the banks could do a much better job at explaining to customers why certain accounts might or might not be suitable for their circumstances. One bank, in particular was extremely patronising I remember. I would suggest going somewhere else. There will be somewhere that will give what you are looking for, just have to find them.

Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    We went to a chip shop today as we live at the coast and in front of us there was a young man with his young son who was in a wheelchair, while waiting to be served he picked up a knife and fork from the table and proceeded to cut up his son's food at the table, the man behind the counter said to the father "you have a take away, you take it away, you can't do that there" The father said "We are leaving but I have to cut up his food or he can't manage it." The man behind the counter carried on telling the father off. After this, we all left and I said to the father as we passed him, "If that's the service in here, then we don't want service from here!" The father smiled, I think he was still in shock at the treatment he received. Our 12 yr old son was even shocked by this and he has a learning disability....

This may not have anything to do with banks, but the treatment of disabled is getting disgusting.

FM
    Expect the worst and hope for the best!!!

A good way to get rid of large amounts of coins is to use the self-service checkouts in supermarkets (if you are able). They count it in the machine and do not deduct a percentage like the coin counting machines do.