Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ib to work related activity group ..should i appeal

ib to work related activity group ..should i appeal

hi guys ..just came across this forum and i must say its a great help to people like myself and others so thanks to all

so here goes

as the title says ..i have just been placed in the esa work related activity group after filling im my form, ive been on ib for over 10 years now and last medical by atos was over 4 years ago which at that time i was told i would not need another medical for 3 yrs (till 2013) anyway after filling im my form 1 week later i get a phone call from dwp i think it was ..explaining i have been put into the wrag and im one of the lucky ones ?

i have suffered with chronic asthma all my life which has progressed to copd , i have yearly checkups and spiromitry tests and on constant medication 3 inhalers and steroinds and anitbiotics on repeat perscription docs have told me im on max medication and theres not much more they can do .. my lung function tests have been 46% lung capacity or less
    i filled the form in explaining i can not walk 50 yards without feeling very very breathless ..but even showering or getting ready leaves me very out of breath ..quality of life is pretty poor as i can not do a lot of things and i tend not to attempt things i think would cause me problems ..which has caused depression also ..and now i have been on anti depressants for the last 2 years

i also have had spine and knee opperations which have left me with very weak back ..cant sit for long sometimes cant move and im bed ridden for a few days

should i appeal against this decision or am i one of the lucky ones as the lady said ?

thanks

Rob

Honestly, Rob? I think I'd talk to CAB for advice before you decide what to do. They just saw me through the ESA appeals process and were wonderful. I'm sure they'd be able to help you too.

think ive only got so long to appeal ..but ill phone cab in the morning to try get a appointment .. thanks alison

does work related activity group mean ive been found fit for work ?

@davewhit .. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robg7 View Post
    does work related activity group mean ive been found fit for work ?

@davewhit .. thanks
    No, as I understand it, it means you have a "limited capacity to work". How limited isn't stated of course.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    like yourself ...... will get called for interviews and asked about what you would do if found fit for work in the future and asked if there are any steps you want to take in that direction.
    That's good to know. I'll see if I can think of something, but since one of my problems is with my memory...

ah ..ok thats explained it a lot better thanks guys ..much appreciated
    dont think ill bother with the appeal then

cheers

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robg7 View Post
    think ive only got so long to appeal ..but ill phone cab in the morning to try get a appointment .. thanks alison
    I can't big up the CAB enough, they have been absolutely amazing over these last few months helping me with my appeal. From what you're saying about your asthma, I reckon you have a good chance of winning any appeal, but it won't hurt to have someone look at the case before you make a final decision.

yer ...think ill tell them i want to be a f1 driver ..or motogp rider ..wonder if they would help me with that lol

yer ill give them a ring tomorrow alison ..see what they have to say ...least im not so worried now anyway