Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please ! Carers allowance and return to work.

Help please ! Carers allowance and return to work.

Hello again all , , my Husband is my carer and is returning to work and my sister and son will share my care but not claim carers . But how do I go about sorting this out cancelling benefits and how will I manage for the calender month before any wages from his job?

I get MRC LRM ESA support group for me and my husband as he is my carer and child tax credits as we have one child and carers allowance. What benefit will I still be entitled to when he returns to work just for me and who do I call ! Do I have to replace my carer

Thanks all for replies in advance

Polly

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by polly777 View Post
    Hello again all , , my Husband is my carer and is returning to work and my sister and son will share my care but not claim carers . But how do I go about sorting this out cancelling benefits and how will I manage for the calender month before any wages from his job?

I get MRC LRM ESA support group for me and my husband as he is my carer and child tax credits as we have one child and carers allowance. What benefit will I still be entitled to when he returns to work just for me and who do I call ! Do I have to replace my carer

Thanks all for replies in advance

Polly
    you call carers and tell them any needed paper work they will supply, you might get extra working tax credits depending on hours worked and husbands income

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    you call carers and tell them any needed paper work they will supply, you might get extra working tax credits depending on hours worked and husbands income
    Does anyone know what money will I get for my ESA in support group on my own and will tax credits go down or up! ANd is there help with return to work as no pay for first 4 weeks??

Does anyone know what money will I get for my ESA in support group on my own and will tax credits go down or up! ANd is there help with return to work as no pay for first 4 weeks??
    From what you say I'm assuming then that you had a joint claim.
    You can use an online benefits calculator, turn2us has a good one.
    No help with 4 week money AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    From what you say I'm assuming then that you had a joint claim.
    You can use an online benefits calculator, turn2us has a good one.
    No help with 4 week money AFAIK
    Thanks wobble will have a check now

Youre ESA will stay the same if it's contributory. If it's means tested (income-related) and your husband works over 24 hours per week, it will stop. If it is means-tested, his income will be deducted from your award.

You don't have to replace your carer, no, but if someone else is caring for you, they may wish to claim for you.

Tax credits may go down if he's earnings are high. If they're low, income may go up. People are usually financially better off working than not. Seek advice from a benefits adviser or someone like Turn2Us.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Unruhe View Post
    Youre ESA will stay the same if it's contributory. If it's means tested (income-related) and your husband works over 24 hours per week, it will stop. If it is means-tested, his income will be deducted from your award.

You don't have to replace your carer, no, but if someone else is caring for you, they may wish to claim for you.

Tax credits may go down if he's earnings are high. If they're low, income may go up. People are usually financially better off working than not. Seek advice from a benefits adviser or someone like Turn2Us.
    I am confused have just done a benefits check! Will I lose my ESA if my husband returns to work? Is all ESA means tested it is no longer like incapacity that was not means tested! So my husband returning to work could mean I am only a bit better off and I lose my full time Carer! This does not seem fair

I am confused have just done a benefits check! Will I lose my ESA if my husband returns to work? Is all ESA means tested it is no longer like incapacity that was not means tested! So my husband returning to work could mean I am only a bit better off and I lose my full time Carer! This does not seem fair
    I have just checked my letters I currently get income based and contribution based esa in support group for 3 years so ill I still get some form of payment for my esa if husband goes back to work full time ?? I am getting very worried and anxious about him returning to work and being able to cope mentally financially and without a carer

I have just checked my letters I currently get income based and contribution based esa in support group for 3 years so ill I still get some form of payment for my esa if husband goes back to work full time ?? I am getting very worried and anxious about him returning to work and being able to cope mentally financially and without a carer
    Who is the main claimant?
    If it is you then you will continue to get the full rate of ESA CB for the SG and probably lose part or all of your ESA IR depending on his income/hours, and as said, may affect other benefits such as CTC, HB and CT.
    His decision to return to work and the consequences is something only you and he can resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Who is the main claimant?
    If it is you then you will continue to get the full rate of ESA CB for the SG and probably lose part or all of your ESA IR depending on his income/hours, and as said, may affect other benefits such as CTC, HB and CT.
    His decision to return to work and the consequences is something only you and he can resolve.
    I am the main claimant , how much is ESA CB he will be full time and over 18K . Do not claim CT and what is CTC please

and thanks so much for your replies