Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice needed please Re ESA

advice needed please Re ESA

I am disabled and have been from birth, when they changed the system to ESA i was put into WRAG section, not knowing anything about it and after hearing all the horror storys about people losing there benifits all together i just accepted it, i went in to the interviews, only got called in twice in about nine months but on the second one my advisor who had now changed advised me that he thought i was in the wrong group and to appeal to be put in the support group, which i did so. After about a month i get a letter informing me that because im in the WRAG section my benifit only lasts for 365 and because my wife works full time im not entittled to anything at all, as you can imagine this was very worrying for us. My 365 days ended on the 13th june but yesterday i got a call telling me that my appeal had been successfull and i was now into the support group, does this mean i will be entittled to my benifit again, is there a time limit to this one and does it matter that my wife works full time. Thanks for taking time to read this any help would be great.

Hi I'm on the support group when they rang they should have told you how long you are in the support group for as far as i know the maximum is 3yrs then you have to fill forms etc out again. You should still get your benefit mine is for the same amount as my old benefit. I got a letter about 7days after the call it didn't say how long it was for just the group and the amount. If you are worried you just need to ring the dwp once they have done the security questions they will tell you how long you are in the group for and when your next payment will go in and how much for. I will just say if they say you are on support group for 3yrs then they tell you your next review date and it's only 2yrs away what they've done is started from your original change over date and not the appeal date. As far as i know it's not affected by your wife working but i'm sure others will give you more info on here.

In the Support Group you will continue to get ESA CB and so you will lose no benefit.
    You have the best result.

Thank you very much for your replys , that is such a relief to hear as have been so worried. i was told i was on it for 3 years , my condition is progressive and will only get worse with age so after the 3 years am i correct in thinking they will just review it again.

Quote Originally Posted by confused gary View Post
    Thank you very much for your replys , that is such a relief to hear as have been so worried. i was told i was on it for 3 years , my condition is progressive and will only get worse with age so after the 3 years am i correct in thinking they will just review it again.
    Correct. However in theory they could review you before the 3 years are up, but very doubtfull.

my last payment was on the 13 th which would of been my last one because of the 365 day rule, will they just carry on paying me my benifit now im in the support group, in such case i should be due another payment tomorrow because of the bank holiday, or do you think it will take them time to change it over.

my last payment was on the 13 th which would of been my last one because of the 365 day rule, will they just carry on paying me my benifit now im in the support group, in such case i should be due another payment tomorrow because of the bank holiday, or do you think it will take them time to change it over.
    Hard to say. It takes time for tribunal decision to filter through the system and for things to get sorted.
    If the call was from DWP it sounds as if it is sorted already and payments should continue. Just give them a call and ask, if you get someone snotty, pretend to be cut off and ring back.

If you are in the Support Group, your ESA isn't time-limited. if you're placed in the WRAG in future, you have a further 365 days. If you cannot then be placed in the support group, you may get income-related ESA if your income is low enough.

Well never got a payment today , when i phoned them i was informed as i had only been put in the support group on wed it may take a little while to sort my payment out .

Well never got a payment today , when i phoned them i was informed as i had only been put in the support group on wed it may take a little while to sort my payment out .
    What NO payment at all, you should continue to get wrag rate for now.