Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

What is the best way to get rid of anxiety problems?

I have really bad anxiety problems. They have almost taken over my life. I can't go out and do things with friends anymore and I don't eat as much as I used to. I am losing weight to the point where it is extremely unhealthy. I go to the doctors every 2 weeks because they have to monitor my weight. I have an in school and out of school therapist, but nothing seems to be working! Please someone help!

SPAM REMOVED, USER BANNED, thread saved for benefit of genuine users
    Last edited by victorjiem; 06-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.

hi, I too suffer anxiety ( GAD) and have for at least 7 years now and your right it does take over your life .im presuming from what you put you are of school age ? I struggle on a daily basis as well ,its awful .I don't mean to pry but do your family know the extent of your anxieties and are you seeing a doctor and on medication ? im not going to pretend to be an expert on this but happy to listen x

Hello Victorjiem, and welcome to the forum.

Regarding your issue about anxiety. First of all I don't have anxiety attacks but I do seem to attract women who have mental health issues due to being so positive.

Anxiety is a state of mind and you're letting your mind rule your body and food.

You have to turn things that get you down and turn them on their head. In other words look for the positive in every situation. For example today I was outside and I accidentally had a trip and fall - I fell forward onto a table then bounced off a chair before hitting the paving - what could be more negative. However, my first thought was not about the fall but the fact I hadn't banged my head, bruised my eye or broken any bones - all very positive!

A friend of mine suffered terrible anxiety around people going to work. I suggested an alternative - go by bike! She found that cycling gave her freedom, exercise, time to herself and kept her weight normal She also likes the great outdoors going for long walks.

So to sum up you need to change your outlook on life - pull out the positives from all situations. Let go of all your heavy baggage of negative thoughts. Start to appreciate the simple things in life like the sun in your face, the sight of a bird flying, a blue sky - in other words appreciate what you have got not what you haven't. It'll make you a stronger person, more confident and more in control.

With confrontation - avoid it by not joining in. It takes two to argue. If one person says nothing the result is no argument and no anxiety.

These are just a few strategies but always remember that you are a good person

I am so sorry to hear you are having these problems. With the best will in the world, it would be difficult for anyone to advise. I could say to you - try to focus on some good things in your life, confide in a close friend and get that friend to do things with you to support your need to get out and do things, even a walk by a lake, or in the countryside, just enjoying being outdoors and appreciating the fresh air. One problem with anxiety is that you can become insular and shun social interactivity. This only exacerbates your condition. Professionals are probably your best people to help you with advice and coping strategies. Having said that, don't hesitate to come onto the forum for support. We are all in the same boat in one way or another. Please don't feel alone, always talk to us if you need it. Wishing you good health and wellbeing, Susie

Excellent advice lighttouch

Yes, Lighttouch did well there.

Have very great suggestion to rid this disease..But I know very well its all the game of the mind whenever your mind fell depression its disease attack on the same time..I also prefer to spend my time in friends gathering and book reading..
    I always try to keep myself busy in work..and try to keep my mind fresh..

Quote Originally Posted by victorjiem View Post
    I have really bad anxiety problems. They have almost taken over my life. I can't go out and do things with friends anymore and I don't eat as much as I used to. I am losing weight to the point where it is extremely unhealthy. I go to the doctors every 2 weeks because they have to monitor my weight. I have an in school and out of school therapist, but nothing seems to be working! Please someone help!

SPAM REMOVED, USER BANNED, thread saved for benefit of genuine users
    Doubtful that you will return to read this but anyway, you should be ashamed, and I think you do really have some serious issues that need help, ironicaly.

Ooooo I'm intrigued now, how is it that the mods knew the OP was a hoax ?

Although when I first read it I did wonder if they never left home, how did they get to the Drs every 2 weeks ?

Quote Originally Posted by andypandy View Post
    Ooooo I'm intrigued now, how is it that the mods knew the OP was a hoax ?

Although when I first read it I did wonder if they never left home, how did they get to the Drs every 2 weeks ?
    It was that favourite tea time meal of the Watch with Mother generation, SPAM, but of course you are too young to remember that.