Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can anyone recommend a good book

can anyone recommend a good book

Hi all my OH and kids are going camping this weekend so gonna be alone my dad's coming over to make sure I'm o.k and to take dog's out ect.. so I want a book to read I've read all the books of my favorite authors so looking for something new can anyone recommend something please nothing to heavy I like humor and romance thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    Hi all my OH and kids are going camping this weekend so gonna be alone my dad's coming over to make sure I'm o.k and to take dog's out ect.. so I want a book to read I've read all the books of my favorite authors so looking for something new can anyone recommend something please nothing to heavy I like humor and romance thanks
    The Bible. Part 2 the sequel. It has more humour and romance than part 1

Thanks wobble I'll give it a bash

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    Thanks wobble I'll give it a bash
    I have just read Dawn French,s a tiny bit marvelous,not that new, I got it for a £1 in a charity shop, but if you hav,t read it I would recomend it

How about an autobiography? I loved Dawn French's "Dear Fatty". Also, Stephen Fry is good. Other than that, I can't help I'm afraid as I tend to read crime and historical stuff. Hope you manage to find something. I am lost if I have nothing to read, I usually have at least 2 books on the go at the same time, lol.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Miranda Hart - Is it Just Me? absolutely brilliant.
    If you have a Kindle, try Shayne Parkinson's trilogy - Mud & Gold, Settling the Account, and I can't remember the other one. First one is free, and others only a few pence. Brilliant, set in New Zealand, a story of a young girl, her trials and tribulations, it's heart rending, romantic and gripping.
    Hope you have a great time.

Thanks every one been on amazon theirs lots of Dawn french and Stephen Fry for 1p used so gonna order some of them thanks susie I have got a kindle and have down loaded the first book in the promises to keep series there is now a forth book if you haven't read it yet also down loaded Miranda Hart and the bible was free too

Hi BB just down loaded it I use the text to speech my concentration is also shocking when I've read the same line 3x over it's time to switch to speech mode LOL!!

mine's the keyboard type too I don't like touch screens but if it breaks I'll get the kindle fire tablet my friends kindle broke when she contacted amazon they said because she had already bought a kindle from them she got £20 off the new one .

wow, just wrote you a lovely review about 2 wonderful authors Janet Evanovich and Katie Flynn, with short biogs, but the stupid thing wouldnt post it so you'll have to trust me both these authors gooood!