Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia

Hi nice to see you all again today. Feeling better, but pain out of control. 300mg gabapentin and 100mg tramadol 4hourly and still no respite from the pain. My muscles are so wasted, they do not support me, and today I can only move from sofa to bathroom etc on crutches.

What is APS?

As you say deebee it was probably a build up for you until your body said no more.

I tried the link, registered, but then unable to activate the account, will try again later.

antiphospholipid syndrome, Susie,
    I only ask as I know you were tested for lupus, and a lot of people who are suspected to have lupus but don,t do have aps (it is also auto immune)
    I also wonder if sjorgrens has ever been looked at in your case, I ask this because of your gums,, I cannot imagine for one moment having got to know you a little that your gums are are result of poor dental hygiene, so wonder if , like me , you do not produce enough saliva.

Sorry you are having such a rough time, get better soon x

Sjorgrens is also auto immune.

Thanks deebee, I will google APS and sjorgrens

hi my mum has this and is constantly in pain, she does have her good days, but as for the sleeping she will go to bed and only be able to sleep for two hours at the most, then during the day she is constantly tired, my mum was told that it was brought on by several traumas. and its horrible watching the pain she goes through with this

Hi hayleah sorry your mum has this truly awful condition there's not a great deal of support or understanding of it xx

Hi all, just been to GP, because this flare up is probably one of the worse I have had. He has changed my meds, and put me on Pregabelin (something like that) with regular check ups with him to see how I am getting on with it. I have never really got relief from Gabapentin.

Hi Hayleigh. I hope your mum has good support, as I do. Every single day is painful and mobility compromised, however some days/weeks are just so debilitating every aspect of life is affected.

Hi susie hope the new meds help I hate the gabapentine but have trouble with what kind of meds I can have with gut

I just hope that more research is done for fibro it's awful my GP didn't know much about it when I first was diagnosed I once asked her if you get flares with it as some days felt like I'd been run into with a truck

She had to look it up for me cause she just didn't know I already have oxy norm for crohn's and I increase dosage to break through the pain when it's bad

Let us know how you go on with new stuff xx

Will do Acheron, thanks. Thankfully, I don't have other debilitating issues as you have. I can't imagine being in a worse position than I am, you have my utmost respect.

My GP Pharmacy need to order the meds, so they will deliver to me on Wednesday.

Deebee, I looked up APS and Sjorgrens, I don't think either applies to me, but thanks for the info.

Hi Susie fibro is very deblitating and not understood my mum has ms and she always says sure it's not ms yes mum it's fibro but some of the symptoms are very a like just wish there was more to be done for it

really hope hope the new meds work or at least work better xx

Thanks dear friends. I will be starting the new meds on Wed night, so give it a week or so, I will update.