Thread: ESA - moving from income-based to contribution-based

bobsie

ESA - moving from income-based to contribution-based

I'm writing this on behalf of my daughter:

Rachel has been on ESA since June 2011 in the WRAG for bipolar dissorder she is 23.

Rachel worked for 25hours a week as a teaching assistant earning around £8,000 for 18months, she had to give this up through a server episode of mania. and thus placed on WRAG

Rachel married her long term partner in April of this year and I informed the change a week after, having only just recieved a letter and stopped the ESA and given a re-assessment form.

Rachel lives with me as I am her main carer and visits her husband regular but mainly he visits here. I am wondering if The reassessment claim can be put for contribution based as her husbands income will now effect the claim ( and rightly so ), I am just wondering if 18months of contributions and 2 years on ESA would have accumulated enough credits for contribution based ESA?

Any info or advice would be appreciated

Thank you

ni credits only count towards a pension

Quote Originally Posted by bobsie View Post
    I'm writing this on behalf of my daughter:

Rachel has been on ESA since June 2011 in the WRAG for bipolar dissorder she is 23.

Rachel worked for 25hours a week as a teaching assistant earning around £8,000 for 18months, she had to give this up through a server episode of mania. and thus placed on WRAG

Rachel married her long term partner in April of this year and I informed the change a week after, having only just recieved a letter and stopped the ESA and given a re-assessment form.

Rachel lives with me as I am her main carer and visits her husband regular but mainly he visits here. I am wondering if The reassessment claim can be put for contribution based as her husbands income will now effect the claim ( and rightly so ), I am just wondering if 18months of contributions and 2 years on ESA would have accumulated enough credits for contribution based ESA?

Any info or advice would be appreciated

Thank you
    As she's been in WRAG for over 12months her 365 days of (CB) Contributions Based benefit will have expired, the only way she can now receive ESA is to get placed in the (SG) Support Group on re-assessment. This would be either when her time comes (end of prognosis) or if her condition worsens by asking for a 'Supersession' review of her case.

NB: This is dependent on husbands income, I'm assuming it's a regular (proper) job.
    Last edited by Jard; 19-08-13 at 12:25.