Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disabled Toilets

Quote Originally Posted by amalie View Post
    Thanks very much, I thought the ones on ebay and amazon were fake.
    It seems a bit too easy for anyone to get one.
    It is much too easy to get one IMO. Everyone and their grandmothers seem to have a radar key. Those bought from other sources must work.

Quote Originally Posted by amalie View Post
    Hi there.

I am after a radar key as part of one of my illnesses, where do you go to get one, or can you get one online?

Thanks
    If you wish to buy a Radar Key then the place to get a genuine Radar Key is from the online Radar Shop, Click Link Below :-

http://www.radar-shop.org.uk/Detail.aspx?id=0
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    If you wish to buy a Radar Key then the place to get a genuine Radar Key is from the online Radar Shop, Click Link Below :-

http://www.radar-shop.org.uk/Detail.aspx?id=0
    Thanks so much.

That seems all too easy though, so absolutely anyone can buy one and then just use it without even being truly disabled.

I travelled to Bristol today..stopped off at several services on the way..

I HATE people who use disabled toilets when they are just pure lazy. I was desperate for the toilet and the main toilets were upstairs(I would have used them if they were downstairs.) with the disabled toilet downstairs - I waited for 2 minutes, nearly had an accident, then a woman came out...clearly not disabled. I asked if she had a disability and she said no...so I had a mini-rant at her about using the disabled toilets.

She called me a bitch and walked off...*shakes head*

right i might get some stick for this, but does it really matter that abled bodied people use disabled toilets , i am disabled but use public loos , it is all down to respect if a disabled person were queing to use a disabled toilet then common sense should prevail, and any decent abled bodied person would accept this, but if the toilet is not in use then why should they not use it. we complain about the treatment we recieve from various bodies, eg atos dwp etc , but it seems we are just as petty when somebody uses a loo.

It does matter if we are unable to get to other toilets. Like I said before - I do usually use non-disabled public toilets, but in this case, I couldn't...it annoyed me as I was desperate and in extreme pain and could barely stand up.

I was more annoyed as there was somebody waiting to go after me..usually I would have let them go before me..I felt really bad about it.

You can also purchase a radar key at any of the shopmobility outlets for £3.

totally understand flowerangel, and thats what imeant about common sense , if a disabled toilet is vacant what is wrong with somebody using it, i just think that whatever is happening in society today regarding atos assessments, pip etc , why should we feel as if we have to be as petty as them when it comes down to someone wanting to use the loo.

sorry about teh rant, but look at this another way, if i was seen to use a disabled loo people could say why is he coming out of a disabled toilet, cos im bloody disabled thats why, how many times have been mentioned on here about disabilities we dont see . i have had some really shit news today and when i read about people moaning about someone going for a piss in a toilet it just makes me wonder if we are no better than the people who label us.

Some excellent ideas.

But I must correct everyone as we are not talking about disabled toilets as they wouldn't work. The right wording is actually 'accessible toilet.

Next put a radar lock on the door. If a disabled person needs the loo they can ask a staff member to open the door as they can hld a Radar key behind the counter.l

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    There is a very simple answer to this problem. Get a RADAR Lock put on the Toilet this way only Disabled people will be able to use it.

I also like this idea as then you just point to the sign and say sorry company policy . . . . "X Brand of Coffee shop has a new policy that this facility is solely for the use of disabled customers only. Please assist us by using the main facilities located at xxxx. Thank you for you co-operation." Signed by Manager.