Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not received ESA payment

Just a question, how long after DWP have received my appeal form will I get paid appeal rate?

ooh just a thought Mike have you been to GP you need to send sicknote/fitnote in when appealing fit for work ? if not get one asap as for when you'll get paid not sure some one else may be able to give you a ruff idea xx

Have you put a fit note in with the GL24 ???, if not see you're GP ask for fit note to allow you to claim benefit ask them to back date to the day your ESA stopped and make it out for a month: Your first note must be for a month after that 3months and don't forget to copy them.

If it hasn't gone in already send it has soon as possible and your benefit shouldn't be far behind it.

Thanks guys, no it hasn't been sent with the appeal.. I'll contact my GP tomorrow and get one thats if he will give me one

Quote Originally Posted by mike199022 View Post
    Thanks guys, no it hasn't been sent with the appeal.. I'll contact my GP tomorrow and get one thats if he will give me one
    Just explain to him it's to enable you to get assessment rate you will also need his help for you're Tribunal hearing so ask if he can supply a letter or report to support you.

Hi Mike he ought to I had a few psychotic episodes years ago as a side effect of high dose steriods and the meds I was on knocked me side wards talk to your GP and maybe get a referal to a CPN who may also be able to help you through this xx

Okay I will do, I've had a CPN before but got discharged a while back, just with everything that's going on I just feel like nothing can be done

Just a update,

Last thursday, I was booked in at the doctors for a sick note. Driven to a working phone box on monday, phoned DWP up to find out whether they recieved my appeal form, the guy on the phone said they recieved it friday. I asked about a payment but he said I'll need a sick note from the doctor before I can get an emergency payment. So I said I've already got one to hand, he then said he's making me an appointment with the job center to fax it over to them and once DWP have recieved the sick note I'll have an emergency payment. Today, I driven to the job center with the car running just on fumes(had no money for petrol, so had to risk it) and handed my sick note in.. then went around the shopping centre with my daughter and her mum to waste some time. 2 hours later I got a call from DWP.

They said has the sick note wasn't backdating from the start of the appeal to the day they had recieved it, so they couldn't make an emergency payment until they had recieved a sick note that was backdated. They apoligised for the confusion as no body told me to get the sick note back dated. So, I then had to phone the doctors up and explained. They said they would need the old sick note before being able to append the dates that DWP need, I went to the job center got the sick note. Got back to the car, to the words of "PARKING FINE" on the windscreen... I was 2 minutes over the allocated time limit because of all this confusion with the DWP.

Then, upset a bit more but staying strong(how I did that I have no idea) I risked driving down to the doctors(2 mile away in rush hour, with not enough petrol to move the gauge with the ignition on) I then got to the doctors handed it in, they said I can pick it up tomorrow. So tomorrow I'll take the new sick note in to the job center and have an emergency payment.

Not a good day at all, hope tomorrow brings better luck
    Last edited by mike199022; 08-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.

I did tell you @23 above 'to ask them to backdate your fit note'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    I did tell you @23 above 'to ask them to backdate your fit note'.
    I'm kicking myself now, damn! All I can say is I was overwhelmed with it all, hence forgetting.