Thread: What simple things frustrate you?

What simple things frustrate you?

Has it been one of those days where nothing goes right?

I was expecting a delivery this morning that didn't turn up. So I decided that I'd go out but I was changing clothing when the doorbell went. Well I'm not going to aster the door naked as a jay bird. Typically a card has been popped through the letterbox by UPS saying phone to redeliver.

I told them to use the Royal Mail as they will ditch it around the back. Now UPS will call again tomorrow at any time and I'm not in. Then they'll ask me to collect from Warrington - 30 miles away and I have no transport - very frustrating!!

I was trying on a brand new shirt but alas I think it's a waste of money as buttons are a major problem. One hand doesn't work and due to spinal cord injury I have little feeling in my good hand - pins and needles too.

I was due to go cycling this morning but it was very stormy and windy so gave it a miss.

I'm on a self development workshop first thing - for speed I'll just wear a t-shirt as buttons are off the menu.

Strange how the little things in life like dressing can become major hurdles and take ages to do on your own.

No car either - major disappointment.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 23-07-13 at 14:02.

A lot of things frustrate me...

The main ones:
    Not being able to get a doctors appointment because you have to phone on the day, by the time you get through, you can't see the doctor you want to, so you make an appointment with another to be told "you need to see your usual doctor as she deals with your mental health"

Delivery men and their stupid cards - We have a sign on the door(which cannot be missed, really.) asking them to allow a couple of minutes so that if I'm in, I can get to the door. There's also a big arrow pointing to the doorbell(I can't hear knocking on the door) And they do NEITHER. grrr.

Taxi's showing up 20 minutes early and then saying "but I won't have time to do this run".......er, what? I booked a taxi for 1.30pm, not 1.10. I run by a schedule as I have OCD. I then feel pressured into leaving the house early and end up being late due to panic attacks.

Cafe's using normal milk when I asked for soy(especially after asking if they have it and they do)..all this causes is me being very ill

The things that frustrate me ...

phone calls or text messages off people or company's I don't know especially those annoying texts at 5am on a sunday morning

*and breath*

I know what you mean flowerangelx - about those delivery men then if you do manage to get to the door in time (if you're right next to it when they knock - lightly) they're soooooooooooo slow

Disability forums and rich tea biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by Minxy View Post
    I know what you mean flowerangelx - about those delivery men then if you do manage to get to the door in time (if you're right next to it when they knock - lightly) they're soooooooooooo slow
    I just hate it. I even leave the window open so I can shout "can you wait one minute, I'm on crutches", by the time I get there, card through the door...and them telling me I have to pick it up tomorrow, in..wait for it..not my nearest post office, oh no, the one that I can't get to apart from via taxi!

most things I'm a very frustrated woman

I've always been under the impression that people are generally nice - that is until I have put 2 adverts on gumtree. I offered an adjustable electric bed and a 26" TV on there for FREE. I would never have guessed the rude replies I got. Most had NO manners whatsoever and somebody even wanted to know how old the bed was ! I was offering a £700 bed for free and they were nit picking !

I even told a couple of people that the bed had been given to someone with manners, I know, how rude of me !!!

Bulldog clips, they are the work of the devil.

Plus, and I really hate this, people or organisations who prefix things with the word 'Peoples', for example Peoples Lottery, Peoples Parliament, Peoples Pension, Peoples Bank etc. Who used these before the prefix was added, well that would be people

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    Why ? .................................................. ....
    Rich tea are the disabled of the biscuit world. Even ATOS couldn't find them fit for work.

Any form of call centre, partcicularly if they are overseas. They were created by companies to put you off ever getting in touch.