Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DLA is for helping people walk? Seems a bit simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    I think as long as no one is getting personal or aggressive we can post what we want as long as it's ok with the moderators

the news is bad and depressing so some topics are gonna be that way

I also think it's fine to ask for ideas to call your dog too
    Totally agree.

Its wonderful to share ideas, opinions, experiences. We don't all have to agree on everything, debating and expressing different views is a right we all have and and nobody can take way.

Lets stay honest, polite and accepting of different peoples views!

P.s. Oh and remember this is a democracy so eveybody is entitled to my opinion!!!! LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Blackball View Post
    I though original post was relevant and not depressing.
    There are far more depressing and personal posts on this site.
    I thought this was a serious site, not a place to ask what colour my next motabilty car should, or my pet or where my husband went. etc...

As a gesture I will not post any new threads. Best of luck!
    Well to be honest this post tells me everything I need to know.

I'm sure the person who posted she felt her illness had caused her to lose her partner was not feeling frivolous when she posted it. I'm sure she would rather have joined your more urgent relevant and serious threads on how the Paralympians have endangered your future entitlement to disability benefits.

I previously suggested you stop researching and posting bad news threads as I felt it was having a detrimental effect on your health and mindset . And instead used your free time to research the info you needed to get you through your ESA assessment. After all you did say you didn't have enough hours in the day with all your hobbies and daily activities. It was made with genuine intentions.

IMO your recent attitude gives a terrible impression of the disabled, to anyone who reads your threads. Grasping, grudging, and greedy. spring to mind which is not I believe representative of this forum's members. An impression I for one do not want to be associated with ever.

I second that opinion

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Well to be honest this post tells me everything I need to know.

I'm sure the person who posted she felt her illness had caused her to lose her partner was not feeling frivolous when she posted it. I'm sure she would rather have joined your more urgent relevant and serious threads on how the Paralympians have endangered your future entitlement to disability benefits.

I previously suggested you stop researching and posting bad news threads as I felt it was having a detrimental effect on your health and mindset . And instead used your free time to research the info you needed to get you through your ESA assessment. After all you did say you didn't have enough hours in the day with all your hobbies and daily activities. It was made with genuine intentions.

IMO your recent attitude gives a terrible impression of the disabled, to anyone who reads your threads. Grasping, grudging, and greedy. spring to mind which is not I believe representative of this forum's members. An impression I for one do not want to be associated with ever.
    You are not a moderator.
    The paralympics would not affect me personally at all.
    I am busy doingvoluntary work and media work for disabled (not hobbies that was an example that applied to a colleague)'
    In the past I had laws changed through being proactive.
    You just sit in judgement and probably do nothing to help anyone.

while you seem focused on political stuff this is a site for disabled people we face a lot of challenges in life not just the fight with the government

moral support to one another can make a real difference to someone while you seem to think it's a waste of time for someone to post that their life has fallen apart because of illness it isn't it's a harsh reality of being disabled

this site is on the whole serious but doesn't mean we can't just shoot the breeze with one another as a lot of ill people are isolated and being able to related to other people can only be a good thing

Understood, acheron and I agree.
    But I did post in NEWS...etc. That 'husband' thing was a bad example, I am sorry, but was not aimed at anyone specific.
    I have not read the post you or others refer to.
    However, We should be free to post without taking personal insults based on assumptions gathered from previous posts.
    I have been called 'Greedy, Grasping' and that I 'wind people up' by a few opinionated people. Nothing to do with the post.
    Then all this nonsense about 'hobbies'...Sorry I do not write books etc etc.These were just examples.

I for one don't think we should be name calling each other after all were in the same boat and it's sinking fast

discussion and debate are always gonna cause a bit of a fuss as opinions arn't always the same but it would be a boring old world if they were

I'm not all that up on political stuff just know that the powers that be are trying to shaft us

and I agree that we can post what we want as long as the moderators find it acceptable

Best summary.
    I fully agree and apologies for my sometimes abrasive manner.
    I am sincerely concerned about the way disabled are being treated in this country and feel many people on this site just look away.
    Many of the changes are depressing and inevitable.
    However, I will refrain from initiating any new post.

I don't think that "many people on this site just look away".

The majority of people will be having their own battles, coping with their disabilities. Struggling day to day, will they have the ability to get out of bed etc. If they are relying on carers, will the carer turn up etc etc
    Worrying about what's happening in their own lives - whether that's DLA applications or change over to PIP.
    Worrying about ESA migration or applications - going to medicals, maybe having to appeal.
    Worrying about having enough money to live on.
    Coping with feelings of worthlessness, depression etc because of how they are being treated perhaps.

Perhaps people feel they need to pour all their energies into those things which they can do something about - their day to day lives. It doesn't mean people are looking away from the things you are talking about.

People could spend all day arguing about (for example) paralympians etc but where would it get anybody? Disabled people (like me) need positive motivation to deal with what the Government has done to them - not made to feel angry at others, hard done by and miserable.

Fully understand and agree with what you say. Have the same problem and empathize.

But what a reaction to what someone best described as an 'innocent post'.
    Disdain and personal attacks unrelated to the post. People telling not to post anything negative.
    If you do not like it, just ignore it.