Thread: Motability Car

Motability Car

Hi, I am currently waiting for a decision from Dvla for the Motabilty component of DLA. I was just wondering if you are aloud to Configure cars online on the Component.

Also does anybody know or can find out if the Mercedes A Class, Amg Sport trim is available on Motability.
    I know i'm thinking pretty far ahead.

I am new to this so if I did anything wrong, I apologise, Thanks.

Welcome Wesley Henry.

You will be able to use your mobility part of your DLA to lease hire a vehicle if you are awarded the higher or enhanced rate of mobility.

All lease hire agreements last for three years. If your award is given for say two years you will be asked to reapply for PIP not DLA,

The enhanced mobility component of PIP is harder to get so you may only qualify for the lower rate which doesn't allow you to join motability scheme so you'd have to hand your car back.

Just be aware of the phasing out of DLA and introduction of PIP.

Nice choice of MPV.

If you go to

http://www.motability.co.uk

You will find a search engine for all the cars that available on the Motability scheme. They do have the A Class Car and Motability offer you a choice of 5 models, all of them have a AP, (Advance Payment), of £1,999.

http://www.motability.co.uk/cars-and...briolets&Find=
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Then add the 1,250 for the AMG pack and your at a grand total of 3249 advance payment on a A class with the AMG sport package have a look at the new B Class sport instead comes with a great sports package compaired to the A class, and its easier to get in and out of, the A class is lovely, but the low seating position, and not being able to swivel round comfortably to get out is not ideal for us with mobility problems.

Exactly how it comes, apart from the mirrors being finished in gloss black
    Last edited by Ricos; 08-26-2013 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricos View Post
    Then add the 1,250 for the AMG pack and your at a grand total of 3249 advance payment on a A class with the AMG sport package have a look at the new B Class sport instead comes with a great sports package compaired to the A class, and its easier to get in and out of, the A class is lovely, but the low seating position, and not being able to swivel round comfortably to get out is not ideal for us with mobility problems.

Exactly how it comes, apart from the mirrors being finished in gloss black
    Thanks Ricos this is just the answer I was looking for. So how do you know it is only 1,250 to add the pack because when you Configure an A class the pack is 2000 something?

I'm young only 18 so the B Class isn't really my cup of tea tbh.
    Thank you very much for the reply.

If you're 18 the only A-Class that Motability will let you lease is the 1.5CDi A180 Sport (for £1999) as the insurance would be too high for the others. You can then add extra options at the dealership to your liking and wallet!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley.Henry View Post
    Thanks Ricos this is just the answer I was looking for. So how do you know it is only 1,250 to add the pack because when you Configure an A class the pack is 2000 something?

I'm young only 18 so the B Class isn't really my cup of tea tbh.
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    £1250 is the difference between the two trim levels.

The Sport is £995 and the AMG Sport is £2245 (2245-995 = 1250) although you're going to have to ask either Mercedes or Motability to see if you can do this as it's a trim level rather than an options package.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs