Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESA ended 365 days, while still in WRAG

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post

So you could get a WRAG award with a 2 year prognosis, your CB ESA would end after 365 days, but you would still have a 12 months live assessment of WRAG left before you were reassessed where you would only receive NI credits towards your State Pension.

After I spoke to HMRC regarding NI credits from ESA, I was told you are credited with Class 1 credits so they then count towards benefits too don't they? I realise that they would not qualify you completely for ESA as one of the conditions is that you need to work too but I was told I was being credited with class 1?

Quote Originally Posted by KAREN SV View Post
    After I spoke to HMRC regarding NI credits from ESA, I was told you are credited with Class 1 credits so they then count towards benefits too don't they? I realise that they would not qualify you completely for ESA as one of the conditions is that you need to work too but I was told I was being credited with class 1?
    Whereas with IB, as long as you had the necessary NI Contributions when your IB claim started, your payment of IB would be be continuous as long as you were assessed as being entitled to it, there is no such scenario with CB ESA in the WRAG.

As part of the Welfare Reform Act 2012 payment of CB ESA in the WRAG was limited to 365 days only.

There is no such limit if being paid CB ESA in the support group, nor is there any 365 day limit if in the WRAG and any part of your ESA is IR ESA.

As I said, NI Credits paid as a result of being on ESA in the scenario in this thread and the other one, only go towards your SP.

As IB was a contribution based benefit, anyone in receipt of IB only, who is successfully converted to ESA would receive CB ESA. If the are placed into the WRAG, they will only be paid this CB ESA for 365 days.
    Last edited by vikstar; 09-03-2013 at 12:11 PM.