Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reassessment for esa

reassessment for esa

Please can someone advise me. I sent out an ESA50 form on 15th July I am in the support group at the moment. When can I expect to hear from DWP what group I will be placed in?

Quote Originally Posted by nina_simone View Post
    Please can someone advise me. I sent out an ESA50 form on 15th July I am in the support group at the moment. When can I expect to hear from DWP what group I will be placed in?
    I've read of these reassessments taking anywhere between 4 or 5 weeks to 4 or 5 months or more, as you get paid your current rate until any new decision is made I don't think it's worth stressing about though if you are overly concerned you can always ring them.

Good luck with it.

I've been kept waiting for about 3 months now since I sent in my ESA form.... !!

My reassessment

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    I've read of these reassessments taking anywhere between 4 or 5 weeks to 4 or 5 months or more, as you get paid your current rate until any new decision is made I don't think it's worth stressing about though if you are overly concerned you can always ring them.

Good luck with it.
    Thank you Jard. The reason I am concerned about my support group status is that I wish to apply for a new central heating boiler under the government grant system for people with certain disabilities. I dare not apply for it only to be turned down for the support group and having to finance it myself.

Hello nina,

I don't believe Support Group has anything to do with that scheme, it is more Income Related Benefits & Tax Credits, which shouldn't be affected by any decision re:what group you may be placed in:- Were I you I would go ahead and apply.

that scheme is available to people on esa support group as I myself have had a new boiler through it if you have your original form for you being placed in the support group it will say on it income related which is the contribution you get on your payment if you have paid stamps when you last worked also I would if I was you go ahead with your applyin for a new boiler as you as far as you are concerned still in the support group until you are contacted you will remain in the support group.

Hello Jard,

Thank you so much for your advice. I'm going to go for it.
    ps. what's your address, lol I need to know where to send the bill if it all goes pear shaped.

Thank you to eithne too.

vikstar
    As already stated by Jard it is key that you are in receipt of IR ESA. If you are in receipt of IR ESA and either the support group or WRAG component,(i.e. in the WRAG or Support Group) then it seems there are no further stipulations to qualify.

https://www.gov.uk/energy-company-obligation
    Last edited by vikstar; 25-09-13 at 12:25.

Quote Originally Posted by nina_simone View Post
    Hello Jard,

Thank you so much for your advice. I'm going to go for it.
    ps. what's your address, lol I need to know where to send the bill if it all goes pear shaped.

Thank you to eithne too.
    Hiya nina,

Go for it you'll be OK, my address is @somewhereupamountaininswales, we have the same type of scheme here (though I think it has some very slight differences to that in England) We managed to get one (boiler) through it due to the wife being on a low wage and receiving Working Tax Credits a year or so back while I was on IB before migration to ESA.

Hope you get sorted before the weather turns, you wont know yourself then, ours has made a real difference.
    All the Best

Hello Jard,

Bad news I'm afraid. I heard from the grants dept. today. They can only offer me £918 leaving a shortfall of £1282. Looks like it will be another winter of hotwater bottles and blankets. Never mind it was worth a try.

Thanks for all your advice though.

Love nina