Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Private MRI scan costs

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Only time I've been referred by for MRI's is when intervention surgery is being considered, also when abnormal neuro test results indicated a bleed on the brain. Due to budget costs they don't tend to do them as a routine, and again not always a good idea for evidence for ATOS . Although a joint area could be causing severe pain , the MRI results may not show any serious (in their considered opinion) deterioration.

If one of your joint areas is causing severe pain you should ask your GP for another referral to consultant. He'll check out your range of movements etc and then decide if an MRI is needed.
    Thank you, you have made a very good point, the deterioration may not show up anyway and I could have spent a fortune for nothing.
    Sometimes we clutch at straws, anything to PROVE our case that we are in pain, immobile etc.
    I will stick with the physio for now.

Thanks for your input.

hips

As I'm now having to go for an MRI on the NHS to explore my recent Pancreatitis attack, do you think I could ask them to look at my hips too whilst I'm there

hips

They will only do the scan that is requested.

As a person who has had many MRI sans I'll give you a reality check.

There are more people in need of MRI scans than there are hours per day in your area. Patients usually complain of a pain in one particular area which needs an MSI scan. When I last had a scan it was done like a conveyor belt system.

Waiting room in dressing room- into MRI room - back in dressing room. There were 15 minute slots to get you in and out of the MRI room.

There's no way that they will pamper to your request o a full body scan because you're curious. Even if you did a consultant would need time to study it - time is something of a scarcity.

Fish oils, Omega3 tablets every day to oil the joints will help. How do I know you might ask. Well that's the only pill my mother pops and at 86 she is still very active and can easily touch her toes. Try not to worry.

Er hello, I was JOKING....did you not see the wink!!!!!!

hips

Quote Originally Posted by hips View Post
    Er hello, I was JOKING....did you not see the wink!!!!!!

hips
    It's easy to miss a joke in written form, so I try and end a joke with [sarcasm] at the end
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks for that Paul, I assumed the would suffice.

hips

Quote Originally Posted by hips View Post
    Thanks for that Paul, I assumed the would suffice.

hips
    I'm as sarcastic as they come so I know what you're talking about
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs