Thread: never ending story

Question never ending story

hi all.i stay in a 1st floor flat with my wife and 16 year old daughter.we have bought our flat but now need to move as stairs are becoming a huge problem for me.the council put us on the gold award and told us we would be rehoused by march passed, now been waiting 18 months.does anyone know the usual waiting time ?

It depends on your local councils policies, how much housing stock they have and what is available. Unfortunately there are a lot of us in the same position. The properties we need/require are just not becoming empty. I would maybe contact them again and ask them how much longer you might have to wait. Some councils have bidding systems, I don't know if your council has this. If so, you need to bid on a property to be considered.
    I am in the same situation. Cannot manage stairs, use bath etc. I am still waiting to hear if I have been accepted on the list and which banding I have.
    Good luck and I hope you get something sorted soon.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.