Thread: deadly crutches!

deadly crutches!

My local NHS physio department ordered me a pair of adult elbow crutches with comfy grips which arrived months after my initial request.

As I'm going to Stafford tonight and the weather is damp I'd take a new pair of crutches as the rubber ferrule has a good tread.

I went to fil my car tank at the petrol station - only walked half the length of the car and my crutch stud fast in a groove. To my amazement the crutch elongated like a telescope when I tried to dislodge it and nearly fell over - good job the car was behind me.

Anyway I 'Googled' Coopers and the reference number to find they were deemed 'not fit for purpose' back in 2005!

So why is the NHS still palming them out to patients 8 years later!!

Oh no lights when I saw this topic I thought oh god he stripped up over his new crutches and now I find out the nhs up actively seeking new customers why you light why you?

Well it's just before 2am - got home safely after a 110 mile round trip to see friends and get a curry in Stafford. Good to keep in touch with old mates. Crutch didn't collapse but I will into bed as it must be 2am!

My new NHS crutch fits the bill. I left my old crutches with physio as they were not fit for purpose - the physio wasn't going to complain about the design but just bin them - typical attitude - it's not my job!