Thread: Who Actually set out the ESA Descriptors?

Who Actually set out the ESA Descriptors?

We are told Labour set on ATOS but who actually set out the Descriptors?
    Labour 0r Con/Dems?
    Sea Queen

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    We are told Labour set on ATOS but who actually set out the Descriptors?
    Labour 0r Con/Dems?
    ESA was first introduced by the Bliar government in 2008, using input in developing the descriptors from different sources such as ATOS, a French IT Company, and UNUM, a disreputable US insurance company.

The descriptors are actually part of the ESA Regs and Legislation set out in law, they are not a separate entity.

ATOS developed the computer software used (LiMA) to carry out the assessments, and then gained the contract to provide medical services for the DWP. (Provide the HCP's to use LiMA and carry out the ESA assessments.)

In March 2011 the original 2008 descriptors were changed to include the "imaginary wheelchair" rather than just a walking test. This was obviously done by our current coalition government who also decided to push ahead with the programme to migrate all IB, IS and SDA claimants over to ESA (March 2011 To April 2014)

The descriptors were changed again on 28/01/13, by the present coalition.
    Last edited by vikstar; 18-10-13 at 12:00.

Thanks Vikstar much appreciated.
    Sea Queen

I think this is just the start it will evolve and i herd cameron is looking at american system where claiments geta credit card thing instead of cash and you are limited to whaf you can spend it on..
    Allso they may ask to see your bank statements as clues to your movements and lifestyles so we are far from secure until we reach pension age!

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    I think this is just the start it will evolve and i herd cameron is looking at american system where claiments geta credit card thing instead of cash and you are limited to whaf you can spend it on..
    Allso they may ask to see your bank statements as clues to your movements and lifestyles so we are far from secure until we reach pension age!
    Surly not.... hopefully the twat will be out of office soon...!!

He may be but labour party declared this week they will be tougher on benifits than IDS? wer all doomed captain manwaring wer doomed i say!!