Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esa wrag group for 2 years.

Esa wrag group for 2 years.

Hi all.I am 63 and a half years old male. i had a esa assessment 3 weeks ago. I was informed today that i have been placed in the Wrag group for 2 years.
    im new to this so any advice would be appreciated.

As you are in WRAG, the Jobcentre Plus will inevitably call you in for interviews regarding how they can best find work in your case, though I suspect that you already knew that.
    At 63.5 yrs old, by the time you finish WRAG, you might be up for State Retirement Pension. My advice to you, given your age, would be to go with the flow. Hold out until retirement mate. The chances of them finding you work given your circumstances are remote, IMO.
    If there's anything specific you need to know, just ask as there are some very knowledgeable folk on here. Best wishes.

Hi thanks for that.I believe WRAG only lasts for a year but the lady from DWP quoted 2 years does this make a difference.Regards.

I don't know anything about this but have you investigated whether you could get pension credit.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I don't know anything about this but have you investigated whether you could get pension credit.
    Hi Beau i honestly dont know what Pension Credit involves.Have you any info.Regards.

Info here http://www.rightstobenefits.com/seni...dit_advice.htm
    If you do a search there is a calculator for this benefit as well that is if you are eligible.

hi nbm you will be paid contribution based ESA in wrag for 365 days after that you will be assessed to see if you qualify for income related payments if your not you will get nothing moneywise
    you will still be in the wrag and subjected to re-assessments and filling in ESA50 forms in order to get national insurance credits towards your state pension

2Years on wrag.

Hi does any one know how you challenge the Dwps decision on esa.I have been informed ive been placed in the WRAG group for 2 years.How do i go about asking for a reconsideration to go into the support group.Cheers.

Hello NBM,
    You need to lodge a form GL24, download it off the net or get it from your JC+ office, ask on it for an 'Appeal' you will receive a reconsideration automatically. Send with it any & all information you have or get from GP etc and try to explain the effects of your condition(s) a bit deeper than on the ESA50. This GL 24 has to be returned within 28 day's of the date on your notification letter so don't hang about with it. When giving 'reasons' for your Appeal keep it simple just say something like - you don't believe your case has been considered fairly and you believe you should be placed in the Support Group. Any information you send the DWP should be copies only you keep all originals for your file, you'll be building quite a big one with this.

Also ask them for all information used in making their decision ESA 85/85A, LT54 ect.

Good Luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Hello NBM,
    You need to lodge a form GL24, download it off the net or get it from your JC+ office, ask on it for an 'Appeal' you will receive a reconsideration automatically. Send with it any & all information you have or get from GP etc and try to explain the effects of your condition(s) a bit deeper than on the ESA50. This GL 24 has to be returned within 28 day's of the date on your notification letter so don't hang about with it. When giving 'reasons' for your Appeal keep it simple just say something like - you don't believe your case has been considered fairly and you believe you should be placed in the Support Group. Any information you send the DWP should be copies only you keep all originals for your file, you'll be building quite a big one with this.

Also ask them for all information used in making their decision ESA 85/85A, LT54 ect.

Good Luck with it.
    Hi do you think if i challenge this decision it could jeopardise my rights to WRAG.Cheers.