Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Esa wrag group for 2 years.

there is always the possibility you could lose wrag award, but you can worry about that later,first get your appeal in then another decision maker will look at your case again and hopefully change the decision, if they dont it will be sent to tribunal you can then decide whether you want to (risk) if there is any to take it further,

Quote Originally Posted by newsboymike View Post
    Hi do you think if i challenge this decision it could jeopardise my rights to WRAG.Cheers.
    Hiya Mike
    Couldn't really hazard a guess on this as I don't know anything about your particular circumstances, but has slipmaster points out there's always that chance. Though given you're age Pension Credit may be you're best way forward, as advised above, if you qualifiy: why not speak to a professional adviser like CAB where you can discuss all the options in line with all you're circumstances.

good luck.

As you say, you are 63.5 years old. You are in WRAG for 2 years. The first of those 2 WRAG years you will get ESA. Second and final year (as i understand it), your ESA will be paid at the Income Related phase, thus taking into account any other earned/unearned household income/savings. Why do you want to Appeal? Are you thinking of appealing due to the severity of your health condition and that WRAG does not reflect this?, or to get away from the uncertainty of WRAG? As another poster earlier said, there is Pension Credit, using the Pension Calculator. Is that an option for you? Of course, an Appeal will look at your WHOLE ESA claim from afresh. There is always,always a possibility that you will be awarded 0 points upon Appeal, throwing everything into turmoil, OR you may win at 15+ points and into the Support Group. It all depends upon your medical input etc etc. You are SO very close to retirement, ESA appeals can take months, even nearly a year or so. I just cannot advise you either way, given your proximity to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    As you say, you are 63.5 years old. You are in WRAG for 2 years. The first of those 2 WRAG years you will get ESA. Second and final year (as i understand it), your ESA will be paid at the Income Related phase, thus taking into account any other earned/unearned household income/savings. Why do you want to Appeal? Are you thinking of appealing due to the severity of your health condition and that WRAG does not reflect this?, or to get away from the uncertainty of WRAG? As another poster earlier said, there is Pension Credit, using the Pension Calculator. Is that an option for you? Of course, an Appeal will look at your WHOLE ESA claim from afresh. There is always,always a possibility that you will be awarded 0 points upon Appeal, throwing everything into turmoil, OR you may win at 15+ points and into the Support Group. It all depends upon your medical input etc etc. You are SO very close to retirement, ESA appeals can take months, even nearly a year or so. I just cannot advise you either way, given your proximity to retirement.
    Hi all, i have decided to request a Mandatory Reconsideration regarding transfer from esa WRAG group to esa Support Group.Have any of you guys any imput as to setting out my letter to the DWP.Thanks.