Thread: Failed DLA Appeal - What Next.

Failed DLA Appeal - What Next.

Hi

I failed my first DLA appeal the other day.
    I was/am upset but I realise I need to move on.

I do not agree with the decision but been told I can only appeal it on legal/errors, not simply because I think they made a mistake.

So is my next step to ask for a PIP form.

It took 9 months to get my DLA appeal, of which they only took into account the illness at the time of starting the claim.

Could someone please help me about what is the next best step to take.

Thanks

so sorry this has happened.

you have a couple of options, one appeal to the upper based on error which could take ages and may still end up with the same decision or two which may be the best option and wait a little time then apply for PIP which has replaced the old dla benefit.

if you do apply for PIP then seek out advice before filling anything in, be warned this nasty party have made it harder for everyone to get it simply to save on money but you can only try.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post

you have a couple of options, one appeal to the upper based on error which could take ages and may still end up with the same decision or two which may be the best option and wait a little time then apply for PIP which has replaced the old dla benefit.

if you do apply for PIP then seek out advice before filling anything in, be warned this nasty party have made it harder for everyone to get it simply to save on money but you can only try.
    Thank you, I will apply for PIP - I see NO point in appealing.

Yes, I take on board how everything is a fight, I am in receipt of ESA and just been handed over to the work programme providers, who care not that you are ill, and just want to send on any course they can.
    The struggle is not helping me one bit, but what choice.

How long is the wait before applying for PIP.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post

Thank you for your kind and helpful reply.
    I know what the system is like (sadly) I am in receipt of ESA and just been handed over to my local work programme provider, who care not that you are ill, and just want you on a course or something ASAP.
    All this battling is making my illness worse, but there seems nothing else we can do.

Indeed, i'd leave DLA given what mikeydt1 has rightly said. Personally i'd now wait three months (the waiting time for PIP's 'Required Period Condition') and then apply for PIP from a fresh approach in the new year.
    In the meantime you can gather as much medical evidence as possible in preparation.
    good luck mate.

Personally what I would do in your particular position is to make an Appointment with your local CAB. Take with you all your Documentation with regard to this matter and seek their advice. They are really good and I feel certain that will be able help you, even to the extent of filling in any official forms and wording them in the correct manner.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks everyone, you have made me feel a lot better.
    I was really down after it all and the way I seemed to be just glossed over.
    I will do as suggested.
    Much appreciated.