Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting Game

Waiting Game

Currently in receipt of CBESA and received re-newal form way back in August.Duly completed and returned middle of September.Heard the square root of zero since and my last CBESA payment is only a week away.Do they just knock you off/stop payment without further contact?

Worth giving them a call to see what the script is and if so who nest to call

Thanks

They can't knock you off without a Face to Face, but keep your eye on you're bank account and your hear open for the phone, they're contacting lots of people by phone since the start of the year. I've read the reason everything is so slow now is ATOS is continually auditing and re-auditing all the ESA 50 decisions, also read there's been industrial action (strikes) there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Currently in receipt of CBESA and received re-newaal form way back in August.Duly completed and returned middle of September.Heard the square root of zero since nd my last CBESA payment is only a week away.Do they just knock you off/stop payment without further contact?

Worth giving them a call to see what the script is and if so who nest to call

Thanks
    Are you in CB ESA WRAG and it's going to stop because you've used up 365 days? If in the support Group, your payments will continue until you receive a letter confirming another award or nviting you to attend an ESA assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Are you in CB ESA WRAG and it's going to stop because you've used up 365 days? If in the support Group, your payments will continue until you receive a letter confirming another award or nviting you to attend an ESA assessment.
    CB ESA WRAG so wil have used up my 365 days

Thanks Jard

Have you completed an ESA 3 to see if you qualify for IR (Income Related) ESA ???, if not give em a ring and ask for one.
    Last edited by Jard; 14-11-13 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Have you completed an ESA 3 to see if you qualify for IR (Income Related) ESA ???, if not give em a ring and ask for one.
    Hi Jard

I was taking it that was the form I received back in August which I completed and returned middle of September which I`ve heard nothing since

Hello there JPR,

If that form (in August) was for 're-newal'/re-assessment it would have been a new ESA 50, which is to renew/continue you're claim, form ESA 3 is to gather information on you're financial situation. It may be best for you to get in touch with your benefits centre, ring the number on you're last award letter, ask them to send you one if they haven't already.

Hope you get sorted quickly
    All the best.

Hello there JPR,

If that form (in August) was for 're-newal'/re-assessment it would have been a new ESA 50, which is to renew/continue you're claim, form ESA 3 is to gather information on you're financial situation. It may be best for you to get in touch with your benefits centre, ring the number on you're last award letter, ask them to send you one if they haven't already.

Hope you get sorted quickly
    All the best.
    Hi again Jard,

Thanks for your response.

Yes its quite possible it was a re-newal/re-assment form I was sent and completed as it was similar questions if not the same as my first form when I migrated from IB to ESA.Nothing regards my financial situ.Why would they send me a re-newal/r assessment form if as we all know that CB ESA WRAG is only for 365 days?Will they not contact me regarding my options as my 365 days come to a close and will they not automatically send me an ESA 3 or is it a case of no contact,money stopped,get on with it?

Due to being in receipt of a works medical pension along with my wifes income I`m fairly certain I wont be entitled to IB ESA so will just have to get on with being over £100 worse off per week.Yes some will say i`m lucky in that I have a medical pension and wifes income and accept that I`m better off than some/many but not the point.A drop of over £100 per week is a lot.

Hiya JPR,

YES:- from what you've said it's pretty certain you are not going to qualify for IR ESA, or indeed IR anything.

However with regard to your claim, you may again qualify for payment if you should be placed in the Support Group on re- assessment as ESA is an open ended benefit and continues until you are found 'Fit for Work' and that can only happen following a 'Face to Face' WCA (Work Capability Assessment).
    You may also qualify for Support Group should your condition deteriorate, you then need to ask em for a Supersession/Review of your case, you will need definitive Medical Evidence of the worsening of your condition to do this.

So, my advice to you: is, don't let your claim lapse, as even though you may not get any payment now in the WRAG, there possibilities for the future and you will continue to get your NI stamp credited, so keep up your claim.

Hope this is helpful
    All the best.

Hiya JPR,

YES:- from what you've said it's pretty certain you are not going to qualify for IR ESA, or indeed IR anything.

However with regard to your claim, you may again qualify for payment if you should be placed in the Support Group on re- assessment as ESA is an open ended benefit and continues until you are found 'Fit for Work' and that can only happen following a 'Face to Face' WCA (Work Capability Assessment).
    You may also qualify for Support Group should your condition deteriorate, you then need to ask em for a Supersession/Review of your case, you will need definitive Medical Evidence of the worsening of your condition to do this.

So, my advice to you: is, don't let your claim lapse, as even though you may not get any payment now in the WRAG, there possibilities for the future and you will continue to get your NI stamp credited, so keep up your claim.

Hope this is helpful
    All the best.
    Very helpful Jard and thanks again

If I dont qualify for IR ESA(I know money wise I`m not) or support group any claim will be lapsed I take it?Oh and I dont qualify for JSA either

I have more than enough NI credits