Thread: change of address while on esa ?

change of address while on esa ?

Hi all
    I recently won my appeal and appeal panel recomended i should not be tested for at least 2years..
    Im moving in january and wondered if anyone knows if they will try and retest me?.
    My condition is long term mental health and it wont change for the move, will i have to fill out another questionaire? . Or just fill out a change of address form? .
    If anyone has changed address recently while on esa i would like to know if they could run me through the process ... thanks

Just ring them up and tell about it (change of address) if there's a form they'll send it to you.
    With regard to what else you said, they will re assess you when they want - there wont be any try about it, what ever the Tribunal say is only a suggestion generally the DWP never take any notice of it. To find out the date of your re assessment (prognosis) again just ring them and ask, they do generally stick to this date though they can assess you at any time as long has it's 3 months or more after the previous assessment.

NB: Any time you receive an ESA 50 fill it in and send it back, if you don't they can stop you benefit you'll then have a hell of a time trying to get it sorted.
    Last edited by Jard; 14-11-13 at 18:46.

When I changed address, not only did I tell the DWP in writing, I requested an acknowledgement letter from them too. Also, use Royal Mails redirection service so that you are sure it's all in hand.

alicat2013
    Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    If anyone has changed address recently while on esa i would like to know if they could run me through the process ... thanks
    I've done it twice in the last 7 years both times literally just rang said I've moved gave the new address and bobs your uncle, sorted.

thanks for your help , im realy intrested in 2011 onward as reguards ESA change of address prior to that it was different..ive done change of address before over the phone but it didnt go through even tho the chap at the call centre said it had..
    when it was called incapasity beniffit they use to say you can do a quick change of address if its in our area or if your moving to a different area you need to fill in a A1 form..so i dont know what happens now weather its a different form ..

alicat2013
    thanks for your help , im realy intrested in 2011 onward as reguards ESA change of address prior to that it was different..ive done change of address before over the phone but it didnt go through even tho the chap at the call centre said it had..
    when it was called incapasity beniffit they use to say you can do a quick change of address if its in our area or if your moving to a different area you need to fill in a A1 form..so i dont know what happens now weather its a different form ..
    Well last time I did it was September this year, literally just a phonecall

Ive been looking at other posts on this subject and benifit suspention and re test after a change of address is quiet common..
    I think it all depends on the many tempory staff who look at are claims and the way they interpet the rules

Same problem as me at the moment so I'll let you know what I've found out. If you're on ESA and you change address, your payments may be put on hold until the change of address is sorted. If you're on income-related ESA, an ESA3 form may be sent to you. The ESA3 form is to establish changes in things such as income, work, etc. If you're moving in with a partner, your partners income will count and thus you may lose a certain amount of benefit.

Once filled in, it is wise to call the Job Centre and make an appointment to take the form in to them. They can scan it and send it off electronically so it arrives at the Benefit Center faster and therefore, your ESA will be resumed faster. If in a tricky situation, they may be able to send it off as urgent. It normally takes around 6 working days, once they've received the ESA3 form, to resume the benefit.

Thanks!! Im on ordinary esa after a tribunal over turned atos ..
    My plan is to move on a pay day and live on asda cheap baked beans until im sure they have re instated my benifit..although im going to try the change of address over the phone with confermation to be sent to me by post?. Moving is hard enough without all this doubt they put on us to stress us out ..goodluck to you

Thanks!! Im on ordinary esa after a tribunal over turned atos ..
    My plan is to move on a pay day and live on asda cheap baked beans until im sure they have re instated my benifit..although im going to try the change of address over the phone with confermation to be sent to me by post?. Moving is hard enough without all this doubt they put on us to stress us out ..goodluck to you
    Update: I took my ESA3 form into the Job Center today after getting an appointment the previous day to get it scanned in and sent off. This was at about 10am. I asked the man I spoke to to email it over as urgent as recommended by the adviser I'd phoned previously. He said he would send it off when he got some time and confirmed that he'd mark it as urgent, and also asked me if I'd like to request a callback from the Benefit Center, to which I agreed would be helpful.

Just three hours after my appointment at the Job Center, I got a callback from the Benefit Center to say that they'd received my form and re-adjusted the benefit I get to account for what my partner earns (I lost just under £20 of benefit because of my partner's earnings). I was then told that the payment owed to me would be paid same day and I should receive that at the end of the day or by early tomorrow.

When it comes to doing the form over the form, that should be okay. I've heard of cases where payment is resumed on the very same day of the call being made. They still may send out an ESA3/Change of Circumstances form to be filled in for security and formality purposes.