Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Weather Payment

Cold Weather Payment

Does anyone on here know if you have a child who is on high rate care and i get both rates off disability for him on my child tax credits would i be entitled to cold weather payments?.
    Thanks

Quite right! Cold Weather Payments are only paid if one gets an Income Related benefit.

To check if there should be a Cold Weather Payment in your area click the link below, add your post code and then click submit on the right of the page, it will then advise you if any cold wearther payments are due for your area.

http://pensions-service.direct.gov.u...ather-payment/
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Thankyou all for your replies, im really sorry to sound silly but i dont understand the benefit rules even looking at the links i still dont know if i can get cold weather payments or not

Quote Originally Posted by mich67 View Post
    Thankyou all for your replies, im really sorry to sound silly but i dont understand the benefit rules even looking at the links i still dont know if i can get cold weather payments or not
    What benefits are you on?

Hi im on widows parents benefit top up with IB and child tax credits.

Even if someone is entitled to a cold weather payment - they are only paid out if the temperature reaches a certain point for a period time.

Quote Originally Posted by mich67 View Post
    Hi im on widows parents benefit top up with IB and child tax credits.
    No you would not be entitled to the Cold Weather Payment as you have to be on ESA which is the successor to IB. If you are on ESA you get it but not on IB.

I hope this has been of help.

Thankyou toolook .