Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pip refuse to send forms but wont say why

Pip refuse to send forms but wont say why

Hi

I applied for PIP some weeks ago and did the telephone part and have been waiting for the "HOW YOUR DISABILITY AFFECTS YOU" form however it did not arrive so I called DWP and was told a note on my file says I do not have to complete the form but the bemused DWP lady had no idea why and just said how peculiar and I was given a face to face assessment date with ATOS. As they refuse to send the form it means I cant say what illnesses I have or how they affect me has anyone else had the same I've not had any benefits before but did apply for DLA was refused and had the tribunal last year which I was refused but the judge told me to get straight back in for it and get help.

Any comments or advice gratefully received

Andy

I get the opinion that PIP is in very real trouble. Having read the link below, it may appear that only terminal illness PIP cases are being decided at this time.

http://www.inclusionscotland.org/news/story.asp?id=5271

im not terminally ill and its deffo pip im been assessed off ATOS for unless they only assessing people they gonna turn down cant see me getting it when DLA kept turning me down

When you say you did the over the phone bit, do you mean you asked them to send you a form to fill in so you could apply - or were you asked questions about your disability/condition on the phone?
    Last edited by rich-ward; 25-11-13 at 18:45.

they just ask about bank details how long I had conditions how long I have lived in UK do I claim other benefits nothing about my current conditions

Andy121, that is just the initial application and you would ordinarily get a form sent out to you through the post to write about how your disability affects you. Is this your first claim ever? I applied in August and only just had my home assessment 3 weeks ago. I would confirm with the DWP again if possible as if the initial application is not correctly in action you may have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

I also think that PIP is in trouble and the whole benefits system where illness/disability is concerned in fact. It all looks good on paper though for the next election.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 27-11-13 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by KAREN SV View Post
    Andy121, that is just the initial application and you would ordinarily get a form sent out to you through the post to write about how your disability affects you. Is this your first claim ever? I applied in August and only just had my home assessment 3 weeks ago. I would confirm with the DWP again if possible as if the initial application is not correctly in action you may have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

I also think that PIP is in trouble and the whole benefits system where illness/disability is concerned in fact. It all looks good on paper though for the next election.
    yes I know its just first part but they say I cant have second part as its on my file to say no need to complete but they have no idea why yet wont send form they have just moved me on to assessment which is at a ATOS location not my home address

assesment upcoming

Quote Originally Posted by andy121 View Post
    yes I know its just first part but they say I cant have second part as its on my file to say no need to complete but they have no idea why yet wont send form they have just moved me on to assessment which is at a ATOS location not my home address
    Wel Tuesday is assessment day for PIP ive not filled any application forms in or said how illness effects me as they just keep saying note on file says I don't need to fill in and not on any other benefit so gonna be interesting to see what happens

Maybe it's worth writing/typing how your disability affects you anyway and take it with you on Tuesday. I'm presuming there is an online form which you can look at and write which sections is applicable to you - just incase?
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Sea Queen

@ andy121 your first post you said =did apply for DLA was refused and had the tribunal last year which I was refused but the judge told me to get straight back in for it and get help.

So they do have an indication of your problems, perhaps they are looking at the information on your old DLA claim form, and decided that was enough to go straight to assessment,so dont need you to fill in second part of pip forms