Thread: PIP Gonna back fire

PIP Gonna back fire

They say the whole idea behind PIP is to save money, well it will save money for the gov. on one hand but the will have to pay councils and hospitals a lot more with the other. Most people use their DLA to pay the local council for the services they get (Home Helps Meals on Wheels etc). If the govs gonna cut back on benefits then people will have to cut back on services they use which means a lot less money for the councils which means a higher council tax or more jobs cut. Or larger grants from the gov. Its a crazy world. Opinions please

You know, bizarrely, I don't personally think that I know of anybody that uses their DLA to pay for services or goods in relation to their disability.

Strangely, an old chap near me says that he gives his Attendance Allowance to his granddaughter, yet as I understand it, she lives over 40 miles away and rarely visits him. Of course, it's up to him how he spends it! With others I know of, it's pretty much the same story, with monies received from DLA being given to their children for a car or in debt at Uni or something. I'm sure it varies though.

A higher council tax doesn't cost the government a penny, and staff cuts saves the council money, so can't quite work out your logic tbh. The people who will lose out are those who need these payments to cover the cost of their disability.

There's a finite pot of money to be spent, once it's allocated to deparmental budgets and spent , that's it. If demand or need for a service increases, then the service level or availability of it simply declines. Can already be seen in the amount of people who need home alterations and are eligible but there's no funds, so they haven't got them. Or the increase in waiting times for initial consultant appointments and operations.

Whether we like it or not the UK hasn't had the funds coming into the coffers to be able to afford many public or welfare services for decades now. Gordon Brown was playing at Lord bountiful on the back of massive tax income from false banking and housing bubble profits , when he started his mass spending spree. Eg - introducing tax credits and huge housing benefit payments together with all the layers of public bureaucracy jobs he created. He knew full well it couldn't last as well as the pain the fall out would cause the nation.

If the UK hasn't the coffers like claims going on here for welfare and other services then why or why are they year in year out able to find enough coffers to chuck away in foreign aid, if you can't look after your own people then why chuck it abroad like they do? it was estimated that in one African village that they were amounting to £50.000 per family, other countries found to be spending it luxury homes and cars to go with them!

also seems there are plenty of coffers available for keeping these M.P's in luxuries like flashy hotels around the corners, second homes, expenses for keeping their horses warm just to name a few!

Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    You know, bizarrely, I don't personally think that I know of anybody that uses their DLA to pay for services or goods in relation to their disability.

Strangely, an old chap near me says that he gives his Attendance Allowance to his granddaughter, yet as I understand it, she lives over 40 miles away and rarely visits him. Of course, it's up to him how he spends it! With others I know of, it's pretty much the same story, with monies received from DLA being given to their children for a car or in debt at Uni or something. I'm sure it varies though.
    You live in a different world to me. People here are using their Attendance just to eat! With the rising power bills and not getting paid enough to cover the rent, life is on the line. Every penny is needed to survive.

I have to use some of my DLA towards household bills. Then its prescriptions and also equipment such as new walking stick, ferrules, etc. Some has to go on Taxis, just so I can get around due to my bad mobility. So, yes my DLA is used towards things connected with my conditions and mobility issues.
    I personally know quite a few people on DLA and I don't know anyone who can afford to give any of it away!!!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

[QUOTE=seriouslyfedup;52223]A higher council tax doesn't cost the government a penny, and staff cuts saves the council money, so can't quite work out your logic tbh. The people who will lose out are those who need these payments to cover the cost of their disability.

Staff cuts = Job losses,saving for the councils in a way but costing the gov more in Job seekers allowance and such. Same with the council tax more people paying in less = higher council tax Logical tbh

With you 100% on that Shambolic, 100%!! Though IMO, there seems to be a divide on who spends their DLA/AA on what. It's awful that, as you say, "People here are using their Attendance just to eat!". That's wrong that we are bringing vulnerable people down to that level. What's the answer???