Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lie after lie

lie after lie

hi all,over the last few days i have watched the select committee interveiws our dear chancellor also the ids interviews. there is not an ounce of compassion or humanity in these people.they still hand out billions every year in overseas aid while cutting our welfare bill.once they have slaughtered the poor and disabled they will be back to cut the welfare bill again by billions just to finished off the ones that survived first round of cuts. god bless us all.

They do not live in the real world with the rest of us.
    I don't suppose the have ever had to survive from week to week, juggling their benefits, robbing Peter to pay Paul. They do not have to decide whether to "heat or eat", or if they can afford their prescriptions etc.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I totally agree, the people that run our country defo don't live in the real world. Well, let's face it, most of the Gov't (and opposition parties) are millionnaires with lavish homes, sometimes second homes too affording luxury holidays abroad. They don't know what poverty is - hence why they have no problem inflicting poverty upon us.

With their pay rises (well above and beyond what normal people get), and all their little "perks", they can afford to regard us as inferior and not worth worrying about.
    Despite their "protests" at not wanting a pay rise, they still got it. Maybe the system should change on that point. How can a pay rise be given despite the fact that there is not a need for that sort of increase and despite them saying they do not want it?
    Given that the majority are struggling in the current economic climate, an 11% pay rise is an insult to everyone. If they really do not want it, then give it to charity to help people who really need it.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Somebody votes them in. Must be those taxpayers. Maybe UK should have proportional representation voting.

I don't vote them in, lol.
    I do not vote at all. I am always being told that people sacrificed and even died so I can have the vote. I appreciate this but I will not be a hypocrite and vote just for the sake of it.
    I do not like or trust any politician, I have no affinity for any political party. As far as I am concerned they tell you what you want to hear when they are on the campagn trail, then as soon as they are in power it all changes.
    As they saying goes, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely", (or something along those lines).

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    I do not vote at all.
    Is a vote for the winning party

I understand what you are saying Richard.
    But as I said, I will not vote for people I neither like or trust. If there ever comes a time when I can believe what any of them are saying and I feel they are honest, truthful and will abide by their promises, then I would vote for them.
    I do not feel that any of them have an understanding of real life and the problems normal people face.
    It is my prerogative to use my vote or not, as I wish.

To my mind, my vote has often been based on 'which is the best of the worst?'

What about this for a shocker?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-27m-aid.html

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    I understand what you are saying Richard.
    But as I said, I will not vote for people I neither like or trust. If there ever comes a time when I can believe what any of them are saying and I feel they are honest, truthful and will abide by their promises, then I would vote for them.
    I do not feel that any of them have an understanding of real life and the problems normal people face.
    It is my prerogative to use my vote or not, as I wish.
    I am singing from the same hymn sheet as you BB. When there is a believable Politician, then I will vote again.