Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have they now taken our £10 xmas bonus!?

Exactly, This was my point. Have looked at the above criteria and when moved from IB to ESA, placed in support group paid CB ESA with IR top up due to MRC DLA premium. So on 2 points I should have received xmas bonus.

My partner is my carer, receiving CA and she received hers as normal!

So are they now going through those who should've received xmas bonus to pay what's owed? It isn't so much the £10.00, it's the bloody principle and how we have all already been f..... over by this coalition, more specifically several individuals!

Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    Exactly, This was my point. Have looked at the above criteria and when moved from IB to ESA, placed in support group paid CB ESA with IR top up due to MRC DLA premium. So on 2 points I should have received xmas bonus.
    I think it could be the 'on two points' part that is the issue, as I explained in post 16. You can only receive one Christmas Bonus and I think there may be some confusion as to which benefit is is paid with.

For what it's worth, your Enhanced Disability Premium that leads to the Income Related ESA award arises from being in the Support Group, not from your DLA. DLA highest rate Care is an alternative qualifying benefit for EDP, but middle rate Care is not a qualifying benefit.

Update:

Phoned advice line today, got a phone back from my local JC+ who said my xmas £10 from last year would be in my account within the week, I also asked for a new notice regarding the one received last week with the nil award on it, so we'll see what happens.

Do you know I have been on incapacity for a few years and now ESA and DLA and I have never had my £10.

I hate phoning them up, so I've always left it.

my son always gets it with middle rate care

With regard to these latest notice letters and the NIL xmas bonus, just found this thread over on B&W there's an interesting explanation on it.

Have a look here: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/for...100762&start=6

Quote Originally Posted by amalie View Post
    Do you know I have been on incapacity for a few years and now ESA and DLA and I have never had my £10.

I hate phoning them up, so I've always left it.
    My flatmate has been on IB and then CB ESA and never received it either. Just wondering if they would backdate it, as it would be worth ringing them then and would more than cover the cost of the call.
    Last edited by galeforce81; 13-03-14 at 18:52.