Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: PIP success story and some reflections

Quote Originally Posted by Rubytuesday View Post
    Update: did manage to plod on and complete PIP2 forms and Capita are now sending assessor this weekend.
    The lady who called from Capita was at pains to tell me it 'wasn't a medical assessment and that I would be asked generalised mobility questions'. She said they could get all medical info in a report from my GP.
    Has anyone else experienced this statement being read to them - is my assessment different from others? I thought it was a medical assessment so feeling bit confused.
    My GP wrote a good supporting letter to send in with my application so not sure what more they could gather from her tbh.
    TIA Ruby ;-)
    I've just had mine, i.e. DLA to PIP it was a home visit - last month.

The most physical thing I did was stand up and sit down, other than that answered questions.

Link to what my assessment was: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...me-visit-today

new here been reading up a fair bit some great advice on these forums.

applied for pip july had my assessment on 23rd october rang up today on the off chance and happy day,s

got the award info over the phone daily living standard rate and mobility enhanced rate from 7/7/2014 - 22/3/2018

i suffer from chronic neuropathic pain syndrome, agoraphobia,social anxiety,ect i can't believe i got it been on esa support group since 2011 thank god i can now relax a bit now

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post

applied for pip july had my assessment on 23rd october rang up today on the off chance and happy day,s

got the award info over the phone daily living standard rate and mobility enhanced rate from 7/7/2014 - 22/3/2018

i suffer from chronic neuropathic pain syndrome, agoraphobia,social anxiety,ect i can't believe i got it been on esa support group since 2011 thank god i can now relax a bit now
    Hi Bonzo.

Congratulations on your PIP award. So glad it was a positive outcome for you - let's hope mine's the same.

:

Congrats, with Christmas coming soon, perfect timing.

Another step completed

Quote Originally Posted by AmyS View Post
    I've just had mine, i.e. DLA to PIP it was a home visit - last month.

The most physical thing I did was stand up and sit down, other than that answered questions.

Link to what my assessment was: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...me-visit-today
    Thanks Amy and congrats Bonzo!
    I haven't been well enough to log in but my lady came today 15 mins early which I def think is a strategy and I'm grateful to this forum at least I had heads up on that one.
    My lady was personable and respectful but the process was tiring. She was a nurse by background but does this work full time. She said she wasn't here to make an assessment but to write down what I said?? It sounds very similar to yours Amy in terms of questions but I did have some physical tests:
    1. Move chin to chest
    2. Look all way to right and all way to left
    3. Lean forward in seated position and touch as low as you can on legs (I got as far as my knees)
    4. Bring hands up to opposite shoulders across chest then look right and left (I began to struggle with pain and so declined the hands above head and hands behind lower back)
    Mobility ones I also politely declined but she did talk me through them:
    1. Stand on one leg then other
    2. March on spot
    3. Go into mini crouch

Think there was one more but as didn't do isn't in my mind.
    She also asked me to squeeze her fingers one hand at a time and asked me where it hurt.
    She didn't show me what she typed.
    Hope they are not punitive about the fact I decided not to do more physical tests but it was too much already.
    Wish me luck! I'm still quite wrought about it tonight but am hoping for some sleep.
    Can't wait til it's all over now tbh.
    Will update asap..

That's good news - and there will be a nice bit of back money coming your way.

I'm glad this thread and the myriad of good advice on these forums is encouraging people to apply for PIP. If you think you stand even the faintest chance of qualifying, it's worth the effort of "painting a picture" of the problems you face in carrying out the PIP activities as a result of your condition. You might be surprised at how things turn out.

Hi I would greatly appreciate some advice

I have been diagnosed with. PTSD anxiety And depression.i applied for pip on 4/8/14 I have just had my assessment at home with a occupational therapist. He was here was 1hour 30mins.
    Everyday is a struggle for me
    I told him and showed letters to prove that I've had CBT treatment but my therapist told me it isn't enough so I've a appointment with mental health recommending support every week at home by a mental health nurse plus EMDR.i showed the appointments to prove my appointments.
    I'm so stressed as it is I'm just wondering does anybody think I stand a chance if receiving pip?
    If so how long roughly should I wait before receiving a decision or payment?
    So sorry to go on, it's such a awful lonely place I feel at the moment and this is just a added stress x

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne7594 View Post
    Hi I would greatly appreciate some advice

I have been diagnosed with. PTSD anxiety And depression.i applied for pip on 4/8/14 I have just had my assessment at home with a occupational therapist. He was here was 1hour 30mins.
    I told him and showed letters to prove that I've had CBT treatment but my therapist told me it isn't enough so I've a appointment with mental health recommending support every week at home by a mental health nurse plus EMDR.i showed the appointments to prove my appointments.
    I'm so stressed as it is I'm just wondering does anybody think I stand a chance if receiving pip?
    So sorry to go on, it's such a awful lonely place I feel at the moment and this is just a added stress x
    Almost missed this as it was tagged onto another thread.

It is so difficult to say if you have a chance, so many have a mixed outcome. Have to say that's pretty quick 4 August 2014 and being assessed by November, sometimes the wait is 26/40 weeks.

Decisions again, they could be a week to eight weeks. I'm in transition from DLA to PIP and been waiting 5 1/2 weeks since my assessment and still waiting.

Firstly congrats Bonzo!!… I suffer with the same syndrome as you & jeez the pain is horrific… I have a thread running at the mo "PIP advice" if you wanted to read my horror story, but cutting it short, they awarded me 6 points & 0 on mobility so I'm asking for a reconsideration. I received th actual report from the assessment today, after asking 3 times for a copy & boy I'm not happy!! the FIBS what are on there is unreal … I'm so happy that you have won what you are entitled to. I hope I get the same outcome, when that will be I don't know as I'm still waiting for the phone call for there reasons why!! X

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne7594 View Post
    PIP is about the effect your medical conditions and disabilities have on your ability to perform the PIP activities. Your description is mostly about your diagnosis and severity of your symptoms, which gives some idea how you are affected but doesn't give enough detail to assess how likely you are to qualify for PIP.

Your assessor will have probed your ability in relation to the PIP activities. An hour and a half is quite normal for a PIP assessment - that is how long my assessment took.

It typically takes a few weeks after assessment for the report to be written, sent to DWP and for a DWP decision maker to make a decision on your claim.