Thread: Help needed for design student!please if you can spare the time...

Help needed for design student!please if you can spare the time...

Hi everyone
    My name is Jenny and I am new to this forum.

I am in my final year at university studying product design and my final major project is based on airlines and air travel.

As part of my research I want to look at what difficulties or problems passengers face who have disabilities of any kind. After speaking to my friend who has cerebral palsy, I found that most planes if not all planes have no disabled toilet meaning she doesn't go to the restroom for the whole duration of the flight. This is only one of many problems she has encountered when flying abroad. I would be so very grateful if anyone would be willing to share your problems and invite you to suggest any solutions to improve your travel experience.

Thankyou

Jenny

Had no responses yet! Please can someone spare 5 minutes of their time in desperate need for feedback!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HXXSMM9

Actually still I did not suffer with such kind of problems..

Response

Quote Originally Posted by jaffajen90 View Post
    Hi everyone
    My name is Jenny and I am new to this forum.

I am in my final year at university studying product design and my final major project is based on airlines and air travel.

As part of my research I want to look at what difficulties or problems passengers face who have disabilities of any kind. After speaking to my friend who has cerebral palsy, I found that most planes if not all planes have no disabled toilet meaning she doesn't go to the restroom for the whole duration of the flight. This is only one of many problems she has encountered when flying abroad. I would be so very grateful if anyone would be willing to share your problems and invite you to suggest any solutions to improve your travel experience.

Thankyou

Jenny
    I only just found this thread so sorry if the reply is too late. Many airlines/airports are trying to be more helpful to disabled passengers. I have MS, my partner has CRF and we flew to Rhodes 2012 and 2013. Assisted passage meant we were on the plane first and off last but help was given with luggage. Wheelchair and medical equipment is ALLOWED on the plane and not counted as extra weight. We booked seats with extra legroom (aisle seats). Both suffer from leg cramps cuz of differing reasons. I dunno what they can do about the toilet situation. I do know that batteries for a scooter/electric wheelchair have to be disengaged and cannot go in the hold.