Thread: Booked my holiday for this year!

Booked my holiday for this year!

Going back to Mablethorpe for 5 days.

I decided that again in case I can't cope. It's 3 hours away by car(stopping off every so often for breaks, of course)

Can't wait

Thats lovely Flower.
    I know what you mean about the travelling/distance. Neither myself or my partner drive so we have to use taxis or trains. (I am not much good with travelling at all, lol)
    We are hoping to get away for a couple of days next month for my birthday. We are looking at Nottingham as neither of us have been there and it is a relatively short journey by train.
    I hope you have a lovely time away and enjoy yourself x
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hope you both have a great time!
    I have been thinking about holidays a lot as I hate this awful greyness in January.
    I am lucky enough to have been given a grant 5 out of the last six years for a holiday as my son has autism.
    I am hoping to get one again this year and am able to claim in March.
    If my application is successful I should receive my vouchers in May.
    Usually I book as soon as they arrive, but this is a funny year as my son has applied to 3 schools for sixth form and we don,t find out until July where he will be going, so I won,t be in possession of any term dates until then.
    It seems like a long wait.
    Will just have to stare longingly at my screensaver (it,s the giants causeway) until then lol

Babyblue, I used to have a girlfriend that lived in Nottingham. I think it was a converted monastery or nunnery not far from the Theatre.

I used to drive there but the roads are chaos in central Nottingham with the one way systems.

I wonder if those 5 giant cooling towers have been demolished yet.

You might visit Nottingham castle - don't think Windsor castle!

Sherwood forest's oldest tree.

The Jeruselem Pub.

Nice theatre and cafe.

YesI need to book a breakaway for a few days. I rather like Bristol - I just want to avoid floods!!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    Thats lovely Flower.
    I know what you mean about the travelling/distance. Neither myself or my partner drive so we have to use taxis or trains. (I am not much good with travelling at all, lol)
    We are hoping to get away for a couple of days next month for my birthday. We are looking at Nottingham as neither of us have been there and it is a relatively short journey by train.
    I hope you have a lovely time away and enjoy yourself x
    Thank you very much!

My dad is taking time out of his week to drive us to and from mablethorpe for petrol money and lunch

I can recommend Nottingham for a couple of days -Although I am slightly biased. If you need any pointers, feel free to ask and i'll be happy to help. x

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Babyblue, I used to have a girlfriend that lived in Nottingham. I think it was a converted monastery or nunnery not far from the Theatre.

I used to drive there but the roads are chaos in central Nottingham with the one way systems.

I wonder if those 5 giant cooling towers have been demolished yet.

You might visit Nottingham castle - don't think Windsor castle!

Sherwood forest's oldest tree.

The Jeruselem Pub.

Nice theatre and cafe.

YesI need to book a breakaway for a few days. I rather like Bristol - I just want to avoid floods!!
    I can't find anything to disagree with in this post! The towers have been demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    Hope you both have a great time!
    I have been thinking about holidays a lot as I hate this awful greyness in January.
    I am lucky enough to have been given a grant 5 out of the last six years for a holiday as my son has autism.
    I am hoping to get one again this year and am able to claim in March.
    If my application is successful I should receive my vouchers in May.
    Usually I book as soon as they arrive, but this is a funny year as my son has applied to 3 schools for sixth form and we don,t find out until July where he will be going, so I won,t be in possession of any term dates until then.
    It seems like a long wait.
    Will just have to stare longingly at my screensaver (it,s the giants causeway) until then lol
    Thank you I don't think I can get a grant, which is a shame as it does help me. I came back feeling a lot less depressed, anxious etc and I even considered thinking about going back to work - then the reality of being home hit me

It really is a long wait. I had to wait to find out when my boyfriend finished his training so we could book it around then, but before he starts his new job!