Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mandatory reconsideration ???

mandatory reconsideration ???

hi i have been awarded no points and am now going to request a reconsideration , i d just like to confirm what i need to and can do at this step before .
    is it best i just write to them and request this or call ? if i write to i include why i think they need to reconsider ? point out what i feel is wrong etc , should i include a letter from gp or anyone ???

i have read so much conflicting advice , i just want to be sure im doing it all right

many thanks

Firstly ring them up (number on letter) and ask for a reconsideration of the decision, tell them you don't believe your condition has received a fair assessment. Also request all paperwork used in reaching this decision including form(s)ESA85 & LT54, as you clearly cannot understand how such a decision was made in the first place.

Then follow that up with a letter stating the same, if you have any Medical Evidence to hand, Doctors letters/reports etc that you haven't already provided them, send them with the letter.
    Copy the letter for your self and only send copies of your documents, everything from now on you will need to copy for your own file and always obtain proof of posting as you may be on your way to a Tribunal.

If you are at all unsure of yourself I would strongly suggest you get advice at your local CAB or any similar adviser you may have nearby, in how to proceed with your case.

All the best with it.
    Last edited by Jard; 01-14-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Well I just got the dreaded phone call to say I have failed the medical... got told to claim jsa whilst on mandatory reconsideration, and asked if I claimed Dla?? I mean, if they found me fit for work why think I could claim dla lol. Have to sign on tomorrow and look for work until I hear from the decision... I am in such a state at the mo cos they got you 'by the balls'.. will be going all the way if they dont change their decision. I was have been on wrag for thd last 18 months so how have I managed to get better when I am much worse? Oh well, best start getting my medical proof together . Hope you all have better results

Hello Kate,

Sorry to hear about your situation, you wil need to wait until you receive the decision notice/letter before you can do anything about signing JSA. I would suggest the first thing you do is get a new fit/sick note to run from the date in the decision notice, when contacting the JC+ explain the situation and that you are going the Mandatory Consideration/Appeal route with your ESA claim. From what I've read of other peoples cases they are pretty good about it, ask to speak with a disability officer/adviser.

Best of luck with it, follow the advice we have given to other people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Hello Kate,

Sorry to hear about your situation, you wil need to wait until you receive the decision notice/letter before you can do anything about signing JSA. I would suggest the first thing you do is get a new fit/sick note to run from the date in the decision notice, when contacting the JC+ explain the situation and that you are going the Mandatory Consideration/Appeal route with your ESA claim. From what I've read of other peoples cases they are pretty good about it, ask to speak with a disability officer/adviser.

Best of luck with it, follow the advice we have given to other people here.
    I havent received any paperwork yet but they already have an appointment for me to sign on tomorrow morning with an advisor! Will I need a sick paper for the job centre? I will ask them to contact my jc advisor whom I have been having telephone interviews with whilst on wrag for the last 18 months. That should help shouldnt it? Thanks for the info

Thank you jard. They are keen and have made an appointment for the jc for tomorrow morning ! I havd to see an advisor and will be asking them to speak to my jc advisor whom I have been having telephone interviews with for the last year or so whilst on wrag. Thanks for the advice

sorry duplicate posting
    Last edited by Kate25; 03-26-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Hi all, am in a sticky situation.
    Visted jc on 27th to be told it has to be a joint income based claim so tiringly I had to attend again yesterday with my hubby who cares for me. My daughter came along as she does all our paperwork for us.
    Despite saying we were going through the reconsideration and that I had medical problems, and my hubby full time carer with med probs of his own, the lady was quite abrupt and said if we dont look for work we wont get any money. We don't know what to do. We cant look for work, but as we are awaiting results of a pip application also, we dont have any other income or savings.
    What can we do next? Does anyone have any suggestions we can put forward to the jc?
    I am now back on antidepressants via the docs yest afternoon as I got so upset by it all I said I would be better off gone to save my family all the stress

Hiya Kate,

Have you tried the CAG forum, advice about JobSeeker's is very scant here and I know very little about it, but there are some very knowledgeable posters on there who could help you, I'll post the link below. I do know though, that you and hubby have to follow what they say or you risk big problems with 'Sanctions'.

Try this and have a good browse there, you could also try a post for help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...efits-and-HMRC

Best of luck with it

Thank you very much Jard. Will have a good look at that link now. Cheers for your help

Well my hubby and I signed on for income based jsa last Friday, whilst waiting for the mandatory reconsideration...we kept telling the lady about our medical problems but she just seemed eager to get us "signed up". We had a lot of paperwork to bring home that she told us to read through "when we got home".

Upon reading though we havd realised that we cannot, due to medical reasons, fulfill the stipulations of jsa even though we were only claiming during the reconsideration period. After phoning several departments of jsa to query, we came to the conclusion that we could not continue with the jsa claim.

When my daughter took me to take our jsa books back after we signed them off, one of the ladies at the jc office asked her why so she told them that I am unable due to my medical conditions and that my hubby was my full time carer but had some medical problems of his own. She asked how we would manage for money, so I said I would have to start selling things lol.

Upon that, she said for my hubby to get a sick note from his own doctors and claim esa on his own name as it may take a week or few to sort out but could get us money whilst waiting for mine to go through consideration, which apparently due to backlogs could take a few months ! Dont tell you that at the start do they ?!